kreusen in the wort?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

movet22

Reaction score
So I did my second AG batch yesterday and everything seemed to go well, only missed my gravities by a few points, was able to cool quickly, ect. I pitched my Yeast and left it to work overnight. When i checked on it today the kreausen that should seemingly be above the fermenting wort was instead floating in the wort. Very little was above the liquid, with the rest underneath like an iiceberg.

This ever happen to anyone else before? Is this a disaster or am I overreacting?

I'll try to post pics when I get home. It doesn't smell bad either, I have just never had this happen in a batch before.

considering there is nothing at all that you can do about it i'd say you're over reacting.

Quick update for anyone who was curious: after about a week, all of the kreusen seems to have floated to the top and fermentation has continued to be vigorous. I will be taking a gravity reading next week when I rack to the secondary and dry hop, hopefully she is going to be par for the course then.

Thanks for your help, turns out I was over reacting :p

Back