finish off with secondary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCarnie

Reaction score
I racked too early at 1.030
Later when i was checking off my list and noticed how far off it was, its suppose to finish at 1.022.
After i noticed i managed to get a lot of the trub into the secondary, but like all new guys i'm still kind of worried. The OG was 1.081 Will it finish off in the secondary, or come up a little short? If i'm off by a little bit i don't really care (i'm still gonna drink it.)

Edit: I forgot to mention that its a bell's 2 hearted ale yeast cultured from the bottle into a 2L starter.

You might be stuck. How much slurry did you use in that 2L starter? If only one bottle you probably under pitched...

If I am not mistaken, the main reason for transferring when you do is to prevent a spill over.

I actually used 2 bottles to start the jelly jar. I siphoned out a good portion of it after i noticed some trub and added new DME twice before going to my growler. And i did the same there 3 or 4 times. It was a very healthy starter with about a 1/4-1/2 of settling. It was going really strong within 48 hours of pitching at about 1 bubble every 2 seconds in the airlock.

Back