What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sample of Xmas beer...
Think it's ready for sampling tomorrow at dinner

image-1884138586.jpg

MrNickVT said:
Haha now I'm debating on whether to bring something out of cellar or not.
If you drink that beer alone, you'll regret it. Too good not to share.

DisturbdChemist said:
Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy the site!

Making some pumpkin Pies for tomorrow and Drink a HB ESB. Need to brew this again and play with the water

I feel like this is my next step in brewing. Have not done any water chemistry at all other than trying the 5.2 ph stabilizer which i have heard conflicting things about so i stopped using it after 2-3 batches. I havent really noticed a difference at all. NY water seems like its pretty good for brewing as my beers have come out pretty good so far. Wonder what kind of improvements and effects i could put on my beers if i got this technique down.

Drinking water after a good chest workout.

Now onto "Dolph". My Russian Imperial Stout. Damn this thing came out good. Can't wait to taste it after another 6 months or so of aging.

IMG_2336[1].jpg

Dave37 said:
I feel like this is my next step in brewing. Have not done any water chemistry at all other than trying the 5.2 ph stabilizer which i have heard conflicting things about so i stopped using it after 2-3 batches. I havent really noticed a difference at all. NY water seems like its pretty good for brewing as my beers have come out pretty good so far. Wonder what kind of improvements and effects i could put on my beers if i got this technique down. Drinking water after a good chest workout.

International chest day was Monday, brah.

I feel like this is my next step in brewing. Have not done any water chemistry at all other than trying the 5.2 ph stabilizer which i have heard conflicting things about so i stopped using it after 2-3 batches. I havent really noticed a difference at all. NY water seems like its pretty good for brewing as my beers have come out pretty good so far. Wonder what kind of improvements and effects i could put on my beers if i got this technique down.

Drinking water after a good chest workout.

Me too. Its the next step. My water isnt bad but not great. Lots of chlorine and carbonate in it. Need to get a RO system here so i can use that and add the salts myself

finsfan said:
I didnt think it would make much sense for it to tighten on its on but im at a lose here. I will just have to see what happens friday, probably gonna get my first stuck sparge

I always keep some rice hulls on hand just for peace of mind.

Second pour is always better. Got a little more hop-flavor second round-farily sweet too for a bipa. Still, Ive had lots better black ipa-bombers @ almost half the price of this- its pretty solid really though. Think I even liked my Black ipa more, miss the estate ale this year. Ill take a Southern Hemisphere though anytime-love the NZ hops, good price on it too.

devestatetion.png

Took the wife out to dinner tonight.
Had a drink called a Montana Mule. Whiskey is the only important ingredient in it. :D

image-2954697445.jpg

Oh, and had a nice rare flat iron steak with a stuffed portobello on top. So good!

image-2263493705.jpg

Me too. Its the next step. My water isnt bad but not great. Lots of chlorine and carbonate in it. Need to get a RO system here so i can use that and add the salts myself

My water here is terrible so I used bottled spring water for a few batches and quickly switched to r/o with salts for cost savings. I use Bru'n water for my adjustments which can be a little complex at first, but once you get used to it the results are fantastic.
Drinking Avery White Rascal. Delicious

Took the wife out to dinner tonight.
Had a drink called a Montana Mule. Whiskey is the only important ingredient in it. :D

Oh, and had a nice rare flat iron steak with a stuffed portobello on top. So good!

Looks awesome. Texas land and cattle? I forgot what that symbol is. I've seen it

My water here is terrible so I used bottled spring water for a few batches and quickly switched to r/o with salts for cost savings. I use Bru'n water for my adjustments which can be a little complex at first, but once you get used to it the results are fantastic.
Drinking Avery White Rascal. Delicious

That's what I'm doing at the moment. Need to get going on it and see how much difference it will make

First time having this.
ForumRunner_20131127_202638.jpg

Back