What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee and just relaxing for a bit. I think today I'll bottle my pomegranate saison, clean the three cases of bottle I have soaking and then get the rest of the empties soaking. Of course that's a losing proposition since there always seems to be one more bottle ;)

Good! I was worried you were waiting in line to get beer. :D Have you considered anardana in a beer? I've been thinking about dosing a bottle. Still thinking about trying sumac also.

Good! I was worried you were waiting in line to get beer. :D Have you considered anardana in a beer? I've been thinking about dosing a bottle. Still thinking about trying sumac also.

Nah - too limited a supply and at $10 for a 375ml just a little too much. I hadn't thought of using the anardana (or sumac) but either should be easy to drop a few into a bottle for testing. Give it a try on your next batch!

Nah - too limited a supply and at $10 for a 375ml just a little too much. I hadn't thought of using the anardana (or sumac) but either should be easy to drop a few into a bottle for testing. Give it a try on your next batch!

For some reason, a complete stranger is standing in line for me right now. I love beer people. I don't know what I've done to deserve the life I've got, but I'm not complaining.

Gonna start packing your stuff this week Mark. You bother to file a claim with FedEx on that growler?

I'll be getting yours together as well. I didn't file a claim since realistically it wouldn't pay much and could flag my account for future inspections. What I have done is order some 40oz & 64oz stainless steel growlers (after checking with Jean that they would have no problem filling them, of course.) I could understand someone who has been watching the MAW thread but has seen so many of the beers as either completely unknown (or unattainable) seeing that and saying "hey - I can do that and then post my own list!" That's another (smaller) part of my not going today - let someone new feel the excitement of the MAW!

I'll be getting yours together as well. I didn't file a claim since realistically it wouldn't pay much and could flag my account for future inspections. What I have done is order some 40oz & 64oz stainless steel growlers (after checking with Jean that they would have no problem filling them, of course.) I could understand someone who has been watching the MAW thread but has seen so many of the beers as either completely unknown (or unattainable) seeing that and saying "hey - I can do that and then post my own list!" That's another (smaller) part of my not going today - let someone new feel the excitement of the MAW!

I hope you aren't sending anything other than FarmHands and maybe Critical Anxious if it's out.

Probably Mr. caterpillar and some homebrews. Not quite the level of June though. :)

Cool, I've already got some catching up to do with you. Looking forward to trying your saison. If you like 3726, it should be out in the next week or two. You want any of the brett strains I've got? BKY C2 from Cantillon, ECY04 Anomola, or ECY03B? from Fantome?

grayhalladay said:
Good plan. Ltd beers like that are so great. I had a Sierra Nevada X Dogfish head Life and Limb 2 I bought and cellard for 10 months, excellent beer after.

I'm going to drive around on my next day off and see if I can find a take the black but, if you want, I'd love to work out a trade if I can't find it.

That could work. Contact me if you can't find it and we will see what we can work out. I bought 4 of them on Friday. One to drink, one to give to a friend of mine, and two to cellar. Bought 9 bombers this weekend. It's been a good weekend.

Cool, I've already got some catching up to do with you. Looking forward to trying your saison. If you like 3726, it should be out in the next week or two. You want any of the brett strains I've got? BKY C2 from Cantillon, ECY04 Anomola, or ECY03B? from Fantome?

Sure - whatever you think would be the most fool-proof for someone new to brewing these styles.

chef273b said:
Congrats! Your first? (Kid that is) If so be prepared for your life to change completely. If not, you know the drill. Again congrats and have fun.

Funny story but she's my second. Her big brother will be 11 months old on Tuesday. He was an in vitro baby since we were told that we would never be able to have kids on our own and she was our huge surprise that came shortly thereafter. The next few years should be interesting to say the least

more coffee and not so much as a call from the coworker. this beer is gonna be mine. he'll get one bottle to see what he's missing out on.

I hate fvckers like that no call no show if he don't show or call today you make sure when you see him you punch him in both berries one for you and one for me carry on good fellow :p

image-4180745184.jpg

The Hourglass Seminole Trail Pale Ale

I hate fvckers like that no call no show if he don't show or call today you make sure when you see him you punch him in both berries one for you and one for me carry on good fellow :p

Sounds like a batch of Piss on You Pils (at least for your co-workers bottle!). No excuse not to call..

he might still be drunk. still, call a martha floccer!

cody6173 said:
Funny story but she's my second. Her big brother will be 11 months old on Tuesday. He was an in vitro baby since we were told that we would never be able to have kids on our own and she was our huge surprise that came shortly thereafter. The next few years should be interesting to say the least

Same exact thing happened to one of my coworkers. The only thing the dr could say was carrying the first baby must have kick started her system.

Leinenkugels Hoppin' Helles
Well this is not a bad beer but it certainly deceptive advertising in the name . Hoppin' should be reserved hoppy beers not lightly bittered beers with no other hop flavor . It has no hop flavor or aroma that i can find . It does have bit of grain taste but not much

Bitterroot's now in cans nut brown. Renamed to blown out brown.. Yes it sounds like a turd but it tastes great :)

Brewing a brown today.

ForumRunner_20130922_112519.png

Back