What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell this taste good! After a year and this the first beer back!

Welcome home!

Drinking more water after an awesome run. 5 hard trail miles with probably at least 2000' feet of hills. Just generaly having a martha floccin good day. Gonna have to put a few nice brews in the fridge for later.

Pretty dam tasty more will be coming home with my inlaw on her next haul home

image-4029318289.jpg

image-4101403857.jpg

Terrapin Recreation Ale. Think All Day IPA, but with body and more nose. Dry hopped with Galaxy, me likey a lot!

Sorry Gabe, I forgot to take pics atthe Hourglass, basically it is a 3bbl brewery stuffed into a gutted 1000sq ft house on a state road that used to be 2 lanes (now 6 lanes, common in my area). It has a 10 seat, 10'X20' tasting room that seats 10 people, and a outside area that seats 20. That small of a place, they made enough money the first year to be moving, looking for a place around 5K sq ft, so they can start bottling. I will head back over next weekend and take a tour of the place and post a bunch of pics.

View attachment 149732

Terrapin Recreation Ale. Think All Day IPA, but with body and more nose. Dry hopped with Galaxy, me likey a lot!

Sorry Gabe, I forgot to take pics atthe Hourglass, basically it is a 3bbl brewery stuffed into a gutted 1000sq ft house on a state road that used to be 2 lanes (now 6 lanes, common in my area). It has a 10 seat, 10'X20' tasting room that seats 10 people, and a outside area that seats 20. That small of a place, they made enough money the first year to be moving, looking for a place around 5K sq ft, so they can start bottling. I will head back over next weekend and take a tour of the place and post a bunch of pics.

Awesome, thanks Allen. I need to sit down and do some numbers this week, but I think paying off intitial investment the first year is very feasible. Want to start with a big enough place and not have to move. Have 0 interest in distribution or bottling anything other than barrel aged stuff for special releases. I want to follow the De Dolle / Fantome model. Husband and wife, no employees. You happen to know anything about positive pressure ventilation??? :D

I didn't make it to the TH bottle release today, but thanks to InityBrew for picking up some FatherBeast glasses for me! And the 1.5 pounds of toasted oats! :mug:

image-3496689770.jpg

And having a Gandhi-bot wondering why they won't give us a different game than the Panthers blow-out :confused:

image-373530929.jpg

I didn't make it to the TH bottle release today, but thanks to InityBrew for picking up some FatherBeast glasses for me! And the 1.5 pounds of toasted oats! :mug:

And having a Gandhi-bot wondering why they won't give us a different game than the Panthers blow-out :confused:

Can I buy one of those glasses online?

TNGabe said:
Awesome, thanks Allen. I need to sit down and do some numbers this week, but I think paying off intitial investment the first year is very feasible. Want to start with a big enough place and not have to move. Have 0 interest in distribution or bottling anything other than barrel aged stuff for special releases. I want to follow the De Dolle / Fantome model. Husband and wife, no employees. You happen to know anything about positive pressure ventilation??? :D

The only reason that they are moving is that they intentionally started small, small loans between the two owners. They had people that wanted to invest, but they decided against it. Opting to go small and keep the money between them, they are more focused on getting kegs out, rather than bottling at this point. They really need the space to do the barrel aged stuff, both of them are really into saisons/wilds, they just don't have the room for that now. The 2nd owner told me today that the only reason they do pales and IPA's is to grow the place, neither of them love the styles.

Union Jack!!

ForumRunner_20130922_205309.png

First time I've seen it on sale in the UK! They have Double Jack too, but I thought I'd have the standard first. I assume it's supposed to be English style, but I'm not really getting that.

Nada. Home brew all gone,fermenters both full,likely just enough money to send my old Red Baron capper to a FL member in need istead of buyin beer & vodka for a day. Hey,it IS Sunday...

a 20oz "sample" of my Helles while finally getting to this extract Pils. living room's all painted & reorganized, mama had a nap, and still no call from the coworker. if I didn't already have a big starter if this pils yeast, I'd done something different.

I think you air scrubbers/handlers need to be heavy duty to achieve the positive effect. If you know any HVAC people they should give you the low-down. And if the numbers come up short, you might consider a "believers club" that can invest with a set return down the road (and some other intangibles) without giving up any control. I knows believe ;)

Can I buy one of those glasses online?

I don't think they do glassware online, but check. That said I doubt these glasses will last beyond today (if not already gone.)

a 20oz "sample" of my Helles while finally getting to this extract Pils. living room's all painted & reorganized, mama had a nap, and still no call from the coworker. if I didn't already have a big starter if this pils yeast, I'd done something different.

Have the stuff to make a bock or something instead?

I think you air scrubbers/handlers need to be heavy duty to achieve the positive effect. If you know any HVAC people they should give you the low-down. And if the numbers come up short, you might consider a "believers club" that can invest with a set return down the road (and some other intangibles) without giving up any control. I knows believe ;)

I just asked an HVAC guy, but I think he missed the question. :D

After the CSA fiasco a few years ago, we're a little weary of taking payment for future goods. I know you believe. It's getting feedback from folks who I think know beer pretty well that has encouraged me. :D :D :D I can see a member deal being an option once we're up and going if we wanted to get more tanks etc and didn't have the cash.

My first ever Double Jack. It is delicious!

I'm going to be drinking a double Double because I'm pissed--somehow I only hit 60% eff. on my batch I just brewed :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk: after repeatedly hitting 80%.... Now I'm going to be wracking my brain trying to figure out what the fook I did wrong. :confused:

No, a Resin clone... 90% 2-row, 10% crystal 20/40/60. I'll blame it on the forkin' equinox.

Damn you, you forkin' equinox, damn you!

i"ll go with that!

another of my Helles. maybe my lats 3 Beans next. but then again... maybe one of my last 4 Mosaic Rye IPA's. but I do have a few of my Rose Hip Saison's left....

Back