Itching to Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerThor

Reaction score
I've been waiting for the weather to become ideal for brewing here in Southern California. I have ingredient I need to use and let's face it, brewing is just plain fun. Unluckily for me, I broke my hand in four places last week and just had surgery on it. Now I have to wait 6-10 weeks to brew again. Super bummed out!

Waitting for the weather?
How hot is it in your house in the summer? No A.C. I assume?
Up here in the Northwest there isn't much weather that you can't brew in as long as your heater works!
I do have to set the brew pot up in just the right spot on the patio under the deck off the 2nd floor to keep the rain from filling it as I boil though. You know, start with 6 gallons and boil it down to 7 because the rain is filling it up.

We have AC, but in the summer it usually stays around 80-82 in the house as it is usually 110+ outside. Today (nov. 1) is was 78 inside.

I've been waiting for the weather to become ideal for brewing here in Southern California.

I have ingredient I need to use and let's face it, brewing is just plain fun. Unluckily for me, I broke my hand in four places last week and just had surgery on it. Now I have to wait 6-10 weeks to brew again. Super bummed out!

What, it was TOO SUNNY for you to brew?

Where is that eyeroll smiley??

Back