What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chipsah said:
Stone sublimely self righteous

this is my favorite...

ForumRunner_20110508_211306.jpg

jvcjbl said:
On a budget until pay day so I haven't made a beer run in about 3 weeks. I need to see if we got some of the new Dogfish flavors. I have a Squall I've been saving. Something has changed as I don't care for this years as much as last years.

Yeah I agree, something is lacking compared to last year, but it's still tasty.

@ Spak.....I drank a bottle of Stone's IPA...not ruination....pretty damn good. Have you tried Avery Maharaja yet? I heard that one is off the charts IBU...but surprisingly balanced. I'm trying a wack at a clone recipe right now.

Stone's IPA is amazing. I dunno if I want to clone the Ruination or the Regular IPA more(the ones off BYO). But I do have an Arrogant Bastard Clone in primary right now. It is going to rock. I am going to dry hop with chinook and centennial. I had maharaja last year, was fantastic, but dugana is more amazing. Had that a few weeks ago, blew my socks off.

Fantastic Christmas ale/Sour Belgian Dark Ale. If you want to start trying sours then JP is a fantastic decision. Lots of sour cherry and apple, with some oak and brown sugar with spices. Fantastic balance of sourness and sweetness. Not overbearing. Just right.
dscn3347u.jpg

Too bad the Ohio Brewers Collab only had one of these in the 12 pack. Fantastic IPA. Lots of grapefruit, orange, caramel, and pine. Fantastic balance, good bitterness. Incredibly drinkable.
dscn3351.jpg

Delicious DIPA. Really sweet though for a DIPA. But a lot of caramel, and oak flavor. A bit of grapefruit and orange as well. Very smooth and drinkable for 10%
dscn3353z.jpg

Noel is so good..I had a bottle at Jolly Pumpkin Ann Arbor a coule weeks ago..
208438_10150168399792436_689937435_6737906_5355730_n.jpg

Along with La Roja and pumpkin No.1.
215870_10150168448182436_689937435_6738425_6360566_n.jpg

Drank this last night... probably my most favorite IPA out now.

2dc4e0cd.jpg

Tonight I am drinking my fully carbed (finally!!) Imperial Stout

70a41dd4.jpg

Took the 6 pack out of the cellar. Bought it launch day, but it is hard for me to justify it sitting when it is readily available. I will buy another later. Regardless, it is effin amazing!

30467031.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pic, my Blackberry had a much better camera than my Samsung Droid.

First time having the Chimay Blue. Pretty good. I get a lot of banana and alcohol in the flavor/aroma. It almost reminds me of rum in the aroma. Nice sweetness. It really doesn't have as much Belgian funk as I was expecting, but enjoyable nonetheless.

2011-05-09204757.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pic, my Blackberry had a much better camera than my Samsung Droid.

First time having the Chimay Blue. Pretty good. I get a lot of banana and alcohol in the flavor/aroma. It almost reminds me of rum in the aroma. Nice sweetness. It really doesn't have as much Belgian funk as I was expecting, but enjoyable nonetheless.

2011-05-09204757.jpg

HAHAH at your glass. Did you buy the box set that has all the chimays with the glass? If so that is a great way to have some good beer and get a nice glass.

HAHAH at your glass. Did you buy the box set that has all the chimays with the glass? If so that is a great way to have some good beer and get a nice glass.

Haha, no I actually brought it home with me as a "souvenir" from a bar that I had my first Chimay Red at....and if I would have realized earlier that it was $9 I would have taken the Delirium glass too!!

Haha, no I actually brought it home with me as a "souvenir" from a bar that I had my first Chimay Red at....and if I would have realized earlier that it was $9 I would have taken the Delirium glass too!!

Like the one in my post? :D That was my "souvenir" also. My local liquor store sells the Chimay for $5 was thinking about getting it, but picked up the one in some of the latter pictures.

A bottle of this from the case I promised to save for my sister's wedding; five months since created, very smooth coffee chocolate malty goodness...

inmyglassrightnowmay102011.jpg

After a very long day at UPS, I cracked open a Sam Adams blackberry witbier... Some hate it, but I like it after a long day...

Just popped a bottle of Double Bastard to complement the dinner I am cooking for SWMBO for our 8th Anniversary today. Being a work night we have to behave... this weekend we are going away. Should be epic!!

What I was just drinking - Ipswitch Oatmeal Stout
What I'm drinking now - Gekkeikan plum wine
What I'm looking forward to opening - Firestone Walker Abacus

:D

^^^^ damn you! Drinking Firestone. Being born and raised in CA I can't get enough of it, and now I can't get it period... LOL. I want to try Abacus so bad.

Local liquor store is big on the craft brew scene and just got a shipment of the Abacus in today, I'm hoping to get another bottle to stick in the cellar. After filling a growler of the Double Jack I became an instant fan. I'll be sure to let you know how the Abacus is :mug:

Long face amber Olde main(Ames,Ia)--average beer.Nothing like the Rouge Oregasmic ale or the Flossmore Station Ipa(whim series) lastnight,wow!

Back