What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
La Chouffe
I'm doing one different Belgian a night while I read BLAM, and formulate the best recipe in the whole world.

quite a sober night lol. fell asleep in my chair for a bit haha

was quite impressive. 3rd beer from the Ohio Collab 12 pack. lots of chocolate, caramel, and smoke flavor. great drinkability and smoothness. aromas were odd though
dscn3379z.jpg

fresh from the brewery. typical IPA stuff here, grapefruit, orange, pine, and caramel. more hop forward, but still great balance.
dscn3380q.jpg

absolutely incredible. INSANE amounts of mango/pineapple aroma and fantastic balance with some grapefruit and pineapple with pine in the taste
dscn3383.jpg

Strong caramel, grapefruit and orange flavor. really smooth with barely any alcohol noticed on the taste or finish. 13.6% and making it across ohio state lines is a good deal in my book. excellent.
dscn3385i.jpg

I am probably going to do a tasting of my recent homebrews that have been conditioning fora while this weekend

DunklesWeissbier said:
Abita Turbodog.

A clone of this is going to be my next brew.

A turbodog clone was my first brew. Gonna try it again soon using wlp029, since they use an alt yeast.

Ahh Great Lakes. .wish we could find them here more often, the make some good beer.

La Chouffe gone. Stunning beer, I can't even remember what it tastes like. I'm cranked. Bed.

Moose Drool Brown Ale from Big Sky Brewing Co. in Missoula, Montana.

Thanks to my sister for leaving it in my parents fridge :D

+1 for Laughing Lab. I don't care too much for the beehive though. My CO buddy needs to send me some more Bristol, like ASAP.

Picked up some good ones today. None that ive had before, but super excited to try. Got a 4 pack of Saison Dupont, a Henepin, 4 pack of Deknoninck, an Orval, a Rochefort 10, flying dog bier de garde, and a vanila porter. Hope i dont drink it all tonight.

Just finished a Hottenroth from The Bruery.

Just opened a Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin Ale

must be alternative wheat beer night...

Just about to open the dirty lovechild of an Edwort's Apfelwein. A couple of teaspoons of yeast slurry from my last batch in a 1 liter apple juice, fermented for a week with the cap loose, cap tighten for 2 days then crash cooled in the fridge to get the yeast to settle, hoping for a sweet kinda fizzy cider for no work. The juice was on sale so thought why not...

mattd2 said:
Just about to open the dirty lovechild of an Edwort's Apfelwein. A couple of tablespoons of yeast slurry from my last batch in a 1 liter apple juice, fermented for a week with the cap loose, cap tighten for 2 days then crash cooled in the fridge to get the yeast to settle, hoping for a sweet kinda fizzy cider for no work. The juice was on sale so thought why not...

Fill us in on how the cider turned out!

Just about to open the dirty lovechild of an Edwort's Apfelwein. A couple of teaspoons of yeast slurry from my last batch in a 1 liter apple juice, fermented for a week with the cap loose, cap tighten for 2 days then crash cooled in the fridge to get the yeast to settle, hoping for a sweet kinda fizzy cider for no work. The juice was on sale so thought why not...

Fill us in on how the cider turned out!

Pretty good, could have done with a few more days to clear. OG 1.044 FG 1.028 ~ 2% ABV. Nice flavour - sweet, little bit of alcohol and CO2 tange, carb level was probably in the 3's and it pour much like a sparkling wine. I was surprisingly surprised ;)

DSCF5586 - Copy.jpg

Back