What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half Moon Bay Brewing's stout. It's a 45 minute drive to get there, so whenever I have a reason to go out that way I grab my growler.

MBasile said:
Half Moon Bay Brewing's stout. It's a 45 minute drive to get there, so whenever I have a reason to go out that way I grab my growler.

That brewery name is a mouthful!

chapa said:
That brewery name is a mouthful!

We just shorten it to HMB! It's really just a brew pub (not even sure where they actually brew) so if you're close enough to get it, you just recognize "HMB"

MBasile said:
We just shorten it to HMB! It's really just a brew pub (not even sure where they actually brew) so if you're close enough to get it, you just recognize "HMB"

Half Moon Bay rolls pretty good actually, it's just when you add Brewery to it :)

Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale...9.97% ABV & 72+ IBU...WOW!!! I've yet to try something from Lagunitas I DIDN'T like!

Sierra Nevada Stout, only the best stout ever made by the hands of men. It is less than a god, but more than just a beer.

A Dunkelweizen I kegged a week ago, very tasty! I need to drink many pints...my teenage kids are watching a glee marathon on Netflix.

I enjoyed a combo of English IPA and American Pale Ale while preparing and eating dinner. Then I sampled my green Sasion and aging Bourbon Stout.... my taste buds and stomach don't think that was such a smooth move.

I had a HB'ed German lager earlier when I was eating my two lobsters and now that I'm mashing in, I decided to break out the Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. After all it's my birthday. Eat and drink all day until my wife gets home from work.
Then It's hockey on TV and more eating and drinking once the crowd arrives.
Ah well to quote Pink Floyd... shorter of breath and 1 day closer to death.

Cheers

Up at seven this morning to brew a belgian blond and bottle a raisin wine. Drinking a sample of the raisin wine, most delicious, eight pounds of raisins and six pounds of organic sugar, ended up at 10.7% ABV.

:drunk:

raisinwine2.jpg

Just finished a Southern Tier Jah-va, now Double Trouble, then maybe one more from the list...undecided...

fb91f832.jpg

Bulleit Rye.. very nice. Nice change of pace for me, tomorrow is a beer day (isn't everyday?) since I'm brewing.

Ah, nice. Bulleit is my favorite after Woodford Reserve. And made just a ways down the road from me.

Ah, nice. Bulleit is my favorite after Woodford Reserve. And made just a ways down the road from me.

Haven't had woodford in a little while.. It used to be my fav a few years ago, but the price has gone way up (I used to get it for about $20, now it's getting closer to $30) - Bulleit at $20 is easily a better deal, and I think I actually like it better than Woodford even if they were the same price. Still, Woodford was my gateway into good bourbon so it's always got a spot in my heart, and when I get an extra $30 - a spot in my liquor cabinet also :mug:

fcdd7f15.jpg

My Imperial Stout, dubbed Black Stain Imperial Stout for the massive "Black Stain" it left on the carpet from the two...count 'em... two blow offs it encountered. 9.5% abv 110.1 ibus.... she is still way young, but sooooooo good. *cheers*

Looks delicious jvcjbl.

I'm drinking an Ellie's Brown Ale from Avery Brewing Co.. Trying to collect 53 bottles or so for my first batch.

5b6505ad.jpg

Sweet Cream Stout brewed for SWMBO. 1 gallon test batch (7 bottles) and it was bottled on 2/4/11. It is damn good... first time I naturally carbed anything. I keg 99.9% of the time.

Lagunitas Maximus. Think this bottle must be a little older, it's not all that hoppy but has that rich caramel flavor like a barleywine - good stuff, but I'd like to taste a fresh one.

Latest posts

Back