Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this thread of course we arent going to lose its the name of the game and the weak ones get flushed out.

But being as we have been let down before alot of the base is holding their breath and worried that a team that put up bupkis on the worst passing D in the league and got murdered here barely a month ago, is going to come in and beat us.

Its crap and anytime you bring up the fact you arent worried about the game there is massive shade thrown about not be "realistic" whatever that means. Im realistic that the Saints blow on the road and we hold the #1 D in the NFL. All adds up to a win for me and most sane people.

My realist point of view, and its nice to have a normal football conversation with a Hawks fan, not that I haven't before, is that the Hawks should destroy the Saints this weekend, but I'd be a little concerned for the reasons you mentioned. The good thing is NO's defense, no matter what they are ranked, is still doo doo and Russell and company have an opportunity to get right against them. Also, Brees can't help but turn the ball over in games like this.

With the Niner game, it'll be a fight but the Niners should win this. Kaep was playing his worst ball when they first met, Crabtree was out, Vernon was knocked out early, and Aldon was back but hardly played and he seems to be back to his normal monsterous self. Still, close game. Also, and I'd say this no matter who the Panthers were playing but of all the remaining teams they more than any other have the hallmarks of a one and done.

Now the big one, the real Super Bowl. Hawks and Niners if it happens and lets be honest, if it doesn't this season will feel a little incomplete. The Niners are on a roll and playing close to their best football. Seattle wasn't when they ended the year, but that's not to say they won't be firing on all cylinders come Saturday, they most likely will. That said, best game against best game I can't see the Niners beating the Seahawks in Seattle. It'll be closer, and it'll be a fun and violent game and I'll probably pull my hair out and go from beer to whiskey by the 4th quarter, but I just can't see it.

In the AFC the only thing that worries me is Brady. He's just that good and he can win a game by himself with even street trash as his WRs.

My realist point of view, and its nice to have a normal football conversation with a Hawks fan, not that I haven't before, is that the Hawks should destroy the Saints this weekend, but I'd be a little concerned for the reasons you mentioned. The good thing is NO's defense, no matter what they are ranked, is still doo doo and Russell and company have an opportunity to get right against them. Also, Brees can't help but turn the ball over in games like this.

With the Niner game, it'll be a fight but the Niners should win this. Kaep was playing his worst ball when they first met, Crabtree was out, Vernon was knocked out early, and Aldon was back but hardly played and he seems to be back to his normal monsterous self. Still, close game. Also, and I'd say this no matter who the Panthers were playing but of all the remaining teams they more than any other have the hallmarks of a one and done.

Now the big one, the real Super Bowl. Hawks and Niners if it happens and lets be honest, if it doesn't this season will feel a little incomplete. The Niners are on a roll and playing close to their best football. Seattle wasn't when they ended the year, but that's not to say they won't be firing on all cylinders come Saturday, they most likely will. That said, best game against best game I can't see the Niners beating the Seahawks in Seattle. It'll be closer, and it'll be a fun and violent game and I'll probably pull my hair out and go from beer to whiskey by the 4th quarter, but I just can't see it.

In the AFC the only thing that worries me is Brady. He's just that good and he can win a game by himself with even street trash as his WRs.

I cant pick the Niners/Panthers game, its to close. Smith looked hobbled last game and with two corners out ( i dont know if they still are ) id be worried about the secondary. I know Cam isnt Rodgers but if he can scramble and throw a beat up secondary will not help. I want either team honestly, The panthers would be fun as a rematch of the Last time we were in the NFC champ game. The Niners i think thats obvious and the hate and vitriol that would be spewed in that game would make it a great game regardless of who wins.

Brady is the wildcard for the entire AFC, I would love to see the Chargers win this week so we dont have to be subject to the meltdown that is Manning in the big games. Plus i think watching Rivers play is hilarious with is yelling about literally anything.

Do you think the colts should change their mascot to a Woolly Mammoth in honor of their new quarterback?

The Indy Cavemen

luck.jpg

Just thinking about this and thought I would make all of you smarter by reading my post regarding the topic:

Cold Weather Super Bowl
I've seen a few media reports and have certainly heard sports talk radio whine about the Super Bowl being in a "cold city" this year. Everyone is pissing and moaning, "Boooo hooooo the weather is going to suck... who wants to sit out in the cold and watch the Super Bowl!?!?" Um... I think the easy answer is exactly the reason they should have cold weather Super Bowls... ACTUAL FANS. THAT'S who wants to sit in the cold and watch the Super Bowl... the ACTUAL fans of the teams that are playing!

I've been a few of the games and it is worse than Fenway Park. No one is there to actually watch the game. It is 70,000 Corporate dinks and trophy wives who don't know what a fcking first down is. It's not a game for the actual fans and is simply an event that people go to in order to say, "I went to the Super Bowl... and OMG!!! I totally saw Beyonce in the hotel lobby!! I know, right!!!!"

Put it in a cold weather city. Hopefully it'll be a fckin' 10 degree day and all of the fake fans will dump their seats to real fans.

Everyone btichs every year that the Super Bowl isn't for real fans, the NFL puts the game in a stadium that should attrack more real fans, and then people piss and moan about that. Screw that. I applaud the NFL for doing it.

There. Now you're all smarter.

I cant pick the Niners/Panthers game, its to close. Smith looked hobbled last game and with two corners out ( i dont know if they still are ) id be worried about the secondary. I know Cam isnt Rodgers but if he can scramble and throw a beat up secondary will not help. I want either team honestly, The panthers would be fun as a rematch of the Last time we were in the NFC champ game. The Niners i think thats obvious and the hate and vitriol that would be spewed in that game would make it a great game regardless of who wins.

Brady is the wildcard for the entire AFC, I would love to see the Chargers win this week so we dont have to be subject to the meltdown that is Manning in the big games. Plus i think watching Rivers play is hilarious with is yelling about literally anything.

Rivers is great can you imagine Rivers with Harbaugh or Pete Carroll? Other teams would want to kill them at all times. The amount of yelling and running about would be hilarious.

Just thinking about this and thought I would make all of you smarter by reading my post regarding the topic:

Cold Weather Super Bowl
I've seen a few media reports and have certainly heard sports talk radio whine about the Super Bowl being in a "cold city" this year. Everyone is pissing and moaning, "Boooo hooooo the weather is going to suck... who wants to sit out in the cold and watch the Super Bowl!?!?" Um... I think the easy answer is exactly the reason they should have cold weather Super Bowls... ACTUAL FANS. THAT'S who wants to sit in the cold and watch the Super Bowl... the ACTUAL fans of the teams that are playing!

I've been a few of the games and it is worse than Fenway Park. No one is there to actually watch the game. It is 70,000 Corporate dinks and trophy wives who don't know what a fcking first down is. It's not a game for the actual fans and is simply an event that people go to in order to say, "I went to the Super Bowl... and OMG!!! I totally saw Beyonce in the hotel lobby!! I know, right!!!!"

Put it in a cold weather city. Hopefully it'll be a fckin' 10 degree day and all of the fake fans will dump their seats to real fans.

Everyone btichs every year that the Super Bowl isn't for real fans, the NFL puts the game in a stadium that should attrack more real fans, and then people piss and moan about that. Screw that. I applaud the NFL for doing it.

Love it being in a cold city. It's the way football should be played and yeah the people who get to attend aren't fans. It's like a corporate conference.

Cold Weather Super Bowl

Cannot agree more with this. It seems that every week that Peter King bitches about it in his column. The Superbowl, unlike the World Series or NBA Championship, is now all about the corporate sponsors and fat cats. The real fans are either priced out or not able to get tickets to the game. Have every Superbowl in the cold, and let the real fans go. At least we won't have to see those stupid annual commercials about the rich white guys club that "have never missed a Superbowl".

Who gives a **** about Bruno ****ing Mars?

Rivers is great can you imagine Rivers with Harbaugh or Pete Carroll? Other teams would want to kill them at all times. The amount of yelling and running about would be hilarious.

The Nfl forums would implode with the amount of hatred haha

Explain how they'll make less money in NYC .

Per usual... I'll wait patiently.

Not as many people will travel and spend $$$ in a cold ass city in February (except the hoookers of course).

As I'm sure you know, since you're not Hoppy, the $$$ made during the Super Bowl is more than just ticket sales to the game.

And the owners have a stake in the whole enchilida, not just the number of fat asses in the seats.

I'm a fan of cold weather nasty games. The more snow/monsoon on the field the better. This years SB is going to be the best stadium choice in a long while Detroit didn't count becuase its a dome. I love that media is bitching about having to go there to work. Oh boohoo you might have to sit in your hotel to type out a column here let me dry your tears.

AZ_IPA said:
Not as many people will travel and spend $$$ in a cold ass city in February (except the hoookers of course). As I'm sure you know, since you're not Hoppy, the $$$ made during the Super Bowl is more than just ticket sales to the game. And the owners have a stake in the whole enchilida, not just the number of fat asses in the seats.

Soooo. You're theory is that the 32 NFL owners now own hotels, restaurants, etc... in the SB cities and they they're going to make less money now because not as many people are going to go.

Is that what you're going with?

Why the fck are bald eagles so pissed all the time?

Look at any picture of a bald eagle... PISSED.

What are they so pissy about ?

Eagles are a bunch of bitches.

Seriously, not sure where I heard it, but I remember reading or seeing something about how parents in Alaska wouldn't let their kids walk to school by themselves, because the eagles would stalk their children.

At least they weren't in Philadelphia, though; those Eagles are sick bastards.

Eagles are a bunch of bitches.

Seriously, not sure where I heard it, but I remember reading or seeing something about how parents in Alaska wouldn't let their kids walk to school by themselves, because the eagles would stalk their children.

At least they weren't in Philadelphia, though; those Eagles are sick bastards.

Awesome... that was very helpful in answering my question.

haha... i'm just kidding, that had nothing to do in any way with my question and I'm now dissappointed I've wasted 28 seconds reading and responding to it.

Cape Brewing: "Oh hey guys, can anyone explain why beer carbs better when it's cold instead of warm??"

The_Bird: "When I drink beer, I like potatoes!"

Cape Brewing: "Great! Thanks Bird!"

Hey Az!! If the Pats make it, i'll probably make the trip... again... so... which hotels and restaurants does Bob Kraft own?? I want to make sure I direct my business to those since I am such a big Pats fan.

Ooooo... and which hotels and restaurants does Jerry Jones own?? I wanna stay TF outta those.

Thanks in advance.

I think were all missing the point here. EAGLES ARE STALKING CHILDREN. Why the f××× can they do it and I get arrested? Jesus.

(It was a joke. Settle down. I dont stalk children.)

Sent from my SM-T210R using Home Brew mobile app

Hey Az!! If the Pats make it, i'll probably make the trip... again... so... which hotels and restaurants does Bob Kraft own?? I want to make sure I direct my business to those since I am such a big Pats fan.

Ooooo... and which hotels and restaurants does Jerry Jones own?? I wanna stay TF outta those.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what companies their investment portfolios are loaded with. Probably all big hotels and restaurants though.

Latest posts

Back