crisp clear taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zazbnf said:
When I was in the Army many years ago we found the perfect hangover prevention. We just gave each other IV's after a hard night of drinking. Worked every time:cross:

Yea I have friends who do that haha

Fletcher21 said:
I recommend doing a 90 min boil of at least 6.5 gallons add another gallon at 45 mins and 4 cups at 15 mins. Put in 5 lemon wedges at flame out and cool for 7-10 days. If still to strong subtract the lemon wedges.

Totally trying this recipe tonight! Do you think a partial boil with top off water would reduce the lemon efficiency too much? I bet a lime dryhop would be pretty awesome.

Jayhem said:
Maybe you just don't like beer?

Haha, I think this is probably the most accurate quote. What are you doing posting in a home brew forum if you don't like beer?

MTate37 said:
Totally trying this recipe tonight! Do you think a partial boil with top off water would reduce the lemon efficiency too much? I bet a lime dryhop would be pretty awesome.

It may reduce it some. I have heard that a lime DH does make for a good crisp beverage. I even had a friend that sparged over some grapefruit with 1.5 gallons at 155 degrees. Let me tell you we partied like crazy Amish when we broke into that batch.

Keep him on a leash in the future...

He untied it.

It may reduce it some. I have heard that a lime DH does make for a good crisp beverage. I even had a friend that sparged over some grapefruit with 1.5 gallons at 155 degrees. Let me tell you we partied like crazy Amish when we broke into that batch.

Lemon and lime actually get really bitter when boiled.

I suggest just a glass of tap water.

Yeah, had to laugh. No sugar in beer. Carbohydrates are sugars. Besides the alcohol, waddya think beer is full of? Carbohydrates. :D :D :D

Been on the Atkins diet and doing the ketosis deal. Now I'm on a much more balanced diet that includes a lot of beer if I want it but has allowed me to drop 60 pounds, normalize my blood sugar and eliminate the need for Type II diabetes meds. Been on a serious search and destroy mission for years against simple sugars. God bless a sensible diet and a lifestyle change. Well, God bless a lifestyle/diet change that doesn't eliminate beer as long as I stay active. Guy's gotta keep his priorities! :)

cheezydemon3 said:
He untied it.

Lemon and lime actually get really bitter when boiled.

I suggest just a glass of tap water.

Well if you take away the boil then your not brewing.

Fletcher21 said:

Whoa...you just blew my mind. Anybody have a good Sprite clone?

zazbnf said:
When I was in the Army many years ago we found the perfect hangover prevention. We just gave each other IV's after a hard night of drinking. Worked every time:cross:

I got the chance to do this once and your right you wake up feeling awesome.

A quick test to see how dehydrated you are is to pinch the top of your hand for 30 secs if the skin instantly springs back your good if its slow your dehydrated the amount of time it take tells how bad you are

All the time. All I need is 2 12oz pours of homebrew and stay away from all wine, cider, mead and booze. I wake up right as the rain, just a little thirsty and normally have to piss like hell but that is about it.

The secret is, don't ferment your beer so hot and stop putting fruit in it. That will make some nasty headache causing swill and Belgian styles seem to be the worst offenders.

I seldom drink water, maybe a pint a week. Also I do not take pills of any sort unless I absolutely have to and am on no prescriptions, so there is no secret. I just do not get hungover from homebrewed ale.

EDIT: I do not drink daily (most of the time) and am a binge drinker so when I drink I have LOTS.

I never have headaches. I'll sometimes even drink several beers in a night, but seldom more than 12oz per hour. Moderation is the best prevention.

I drink 3 things. Coffee in the morning, water during the day and beer at night. I've never been a soda drinker.

I will tell you, you haven't tasted delicious lite and crisp until you have had tap water that has been heated for no reason then cooled with a touch of lemon. Anyone wanna take a crack at naming this beast of a drink?

I know this is an old thread but ICE IN THE BEER!!
If you have issues with hangovers, you should drink lots of water.

As an army medic in Panama told me one time, the solution to pollution is dilution.

Flush that system!
The hard part is remembering to drink all that water after you are drunk.
The medic used I.V.'s and vitamins the next morning.

Back when I used to drink a bar stool a night I used to prefer Crown and Diet for liquer to minimize hangovers and for beer alternate a glass of water between beers. If that's not possible drink a big glass of water at least an hour before going to bed/passing out. (don't really want to lay down drunk with a full belly). And neither of those are possible have a bud light with tomato juice and olives in the morning. I had to resort to the later 99% of the time.

years ago while in college..... Once we gained consciousness in the morning (afternoon) a few puffs on a joint did wonders. This also settled the stomach and stimulated hunger. Walk down to Jack in the box, get a few of those greasy 50 cent tacos... Right as rain.... but wouldn't get much done that day, wake n bake tends to do that.

I'm older now, more responsibilities, and don't toke. So the vitamin water, centrum, alleve, does the trick.... that and I rarely get fubar anymore.

It's impossible to avoid if you ever get stuck in Thailand. Oh, you might protest, but eventually they'll get you.

Yeah, which is a mixed blessing. Singha is either 6% or 6.5% and tastes pretty good. Goes down easy so you tank about 6 or 8 bottles which can lead to a pretty seedy feeling the next day. When the bar/restaurant/wherever you're drinking runs out of nicely chilled bottles of Singha they'll usher in the ice. Kinda ruins the beer flavour-wise, in my opinion, and makes me feel even more seedy the next day, plus it usually leads to a bad case of the trots for a few days.:(

Maybe you just don't like beer?

He never said he didn't like beer. Just not the alcohol, or the bittering hops. A dry hopped malted milk shake might be perfect for him.

Hmmm. Now that I think about it, that doesn't sound half bad. (or horrible I can't decide)

Would you still need the bear and the brewfaries?

Seems to me the brew fairies might just look at you funny and flit away. Gnomes aren't known to steal lemon water.....

Check out the "what are you drinking now" thread. Unionrdr post today(11/12) he's got a great stout recipe for this.

If you deep fried your beer that might make it pretty crisp, but I think as long as it's still liquid it will only be soggy.

But how people drink those ales and that red stuff at room temperature I don't know. Of course there are people who drink straight whiseky and vodka and I have seen many. Now way can they say they like the taste of pure liquor.

It's an acquired taste. After a while those things taste great to them. I remember my first beer. It was terrible! I used to dip Copenhagen all the time. That stuff smells and tastes foul, but I loved it.

Well,as I mentioned earlier,ales aren't really served at room temp. But rather,cool basement temps. Say,45-50F.

I have sometimes drank beer without a bitter after taste, but not often.

Given the OP was probably trolling, but this is actually why I like home brewing so much -- dialing in a recipe to the perfect pint based on my personal tastes.

This is WAYYYYYY too late, but:

images

Forgive my internet geek ingnorance...

What is the gain for trolling? What is the purpose? If this person posts on lots of random threads for no reason... why?

I do have to say that some of your responses made me lol at work, so, it was worth the read :mug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back