I have to take a hiatus from beer making...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
We are getting ready to market our house and I have no time to do anything. My 2 kegs are almost empty and when they are, the keg setup gets cleaned and put into storage along with the beer making stuff until after we move. That could be 4-6 months. :mad:

I am debating on whether to get store bought beer or just stop drinking beer until I can brew again. :(

I am half thinking of brewing up 2 batches, ferment, keg, and leave them in the keg in a friends house until I move so at least I'll have some homebrew on ready standby. :mug: I am really not sure I can take a Saturday morning to do that! :eek:

I am right there with ya. I'm laid off (hence the move) and so I decided to avoid commercial beer until we're settled. Maybe I'll even start running.

We're going to be BUSY for about 2 weeks just getting our house ready to show, and are going to go for sale by owner route. I thought about brewing a batch this weekend, but I don't know...

PintOfBitter - did you work for Boeing? I heard about all those lay-offs. I am in Edmond, OK, so not too far from ya.

I wanted to say - You two were talking about how bummed you're gonna be about not drinking beer at all unless its a homebrew! THAT'S A BOLD STATEMENT!!! I was LOL because I feel the same way! It is hilarious that there are people on here as crazy about homebrew as myself! Good luck with the move.

Cheers

I was with Cessna. They're down to about 40% of their original workforce now, and more layoffs are coming...

keep looking for a company who wants an engineer with 4 years aerospace experience. Preferably not in aerospace however :(

is it a local move?

If you are coming south I will donate some home brew. That is if I can take care of my evaporation problem.

EVERY TIME I make a batch the bottles keep on turning up empty... ... DA# two more empty's in front of me as we speak! HUH?

anyway if you are coming to the Stafford / Fred-Necksburg area hit me up and I bring by some Oatmeal Stout.

-Joe

I LOVE WATCHING OTHERS WORK WHILE I DRINK BEER

I'll help you out. I will kindly let you store all your kegging equipment at my house. No Charge. PM me for an address to ship to.

;)

Keep two carboys out of storage and rotate apfelwein between them. Don't keg and you could probably just pour it out of the carboy into jugs non-carbed to keep in the fridge. I doubt it would get infected. It's pretty sturdy stuff.

If i had to take a hiatus from brewing i would not stop drinking. Instead i would stock up on different styles from various breweries and start taking notes on what i want to start brewing once my hiatus is over.

Back