Perlicks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroT

Reaction score
From Keg Connection:

WE HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING ISSUES WITH THE FIT OF THE PERLICK 525SS AND 575SS TO SHANKS. THE 525PC FAUCETS FIT ALL SHANKS WELL, BUT DUE TO THIS MANUFACTURING ERROR, WE WILL BE REMOVING THE 525SS AND 575SS FROM OUR SITE UNTIL PERLICK RESOLVES THIS.

So what can I do in the mean time to finish off my keezer?

Any ideas if I just bought one. Leaks like a sieve around the collar. Bought it yesterday from Northern Brewer.

Or get a ss shank, I only had problems with 1 out of 3. I just needed to rock it back and forth while I tightened the shank thread.

We haven't had any problems with our 525SS or 575SS and our stainless shanks. I know some people have reported problems on the board here, but they seem to be the exception, at least based on our experience. The Perlick rep told me they will stand by their product and replace any defective product.

whats wrong with the 525pc unit? was thinking of getting one .

Hopefully nothing ... that's what I bought, after talking to the guys at Keg Connection ... they are the chrome plated brass version, and since that's what the shanks and other parts of the system are (unless you buy an all-SS setup) I don't see why they wouldn't be just fine ...

Back