Next step to a dedicated brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
I'm finally getting someone in to estimate the cost of adding a new garage to my house. One tall enough to accomidate my Sprinter. Once that's done the old 2-car gets rebuilt into a brewery. I currently brew in the garage, but have to move stuff around a lot. The addition will also involve a large propane tank down by the polebarn with a line coming up to the house for the clothes dryer, water heater and brewery. No more lugging tanks around or running out in the middle of a batch.

I'll have a fermentation closet and a cold room for storage and maybe lagering.

orfy said:
What's the sprinter?

Orfy, I think the sprinter is a race car, some people call them midgets i think. Or he is talking about the dodge truck that you people on the other side call lorries.

My Sprinter (Dodge/Mercedes/Freightliner) is a cargo van that's about 8 1/2 feet tall. I could probably park a midget racer inside it.

Do you have a floor drain? I have found that to be the coolest thing about a good garage brewery, especially if you live in a place that has a winter.

The other item is water hose and electrical coming from the ceiling like they do in car garages.

I have half the garage turned into a brewery, if it does get to cold, everything does slide around and fit like tetris pieces along the side of the wall.

I am hoping to get the gas line extended in there and run natural gas burners.
Next summers project.

My summer house is almost complete, I am planning a huge microbrewery investment, I have been studying brewery layouts and costs for used eq.

I would like something no smaller them 3bbl's.

It is my retirment plan, brew and brew.

Good luck on the garage!

Back