The Wife Asked Today...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pistolero

Reaction score
So the "little" (emphasis mine) wifey asked today..."Do you really need to save that many beer bottles?".

NO!! I need to save lots more than that! :D :D

My liver cried the other night when I got around to counting my empties...

My girlfriend just laughs when she comes to my apt and sees the stacks of boxes with bottles. Hell, if my dad's package store weren't 300 miles away, I would have a lot more.

(plus she seems to make comments when I come online at night to check out this forum...:()

2nd Street Brewery said:
My wife had no problem with getting a new fridge. I got the old one she got the new. Quite a good trade if I do say so myself.

I've gotten that windfall several times.

I have over 30 cases of bottles and 20 party kegs, oh, and and 2 fridges. Looking to replace one of the fridges. I also have my own brew kitchen in the basement. :D

So I need an electrician and a dumpster

Amen to that! What's the deal with garages around here? I've got a big two-car, and it has two little outlets. It's almost like they think people are going to use them for parking cars in or something. :confused:

it is even worse when you get your mates to save up bottles for you i up to i fridge in the shed a sink and a sirt load of bottles that i can't seem to fill :drunk:

I'm working on convincing my sweet wife about the necessity of having a 2nd fridge. When she gets mad at me she starts throwing my bottles away. :mad: It seems to happen a lot though, must be the pregnancy hormones.

Clay said:
I'm working on convincing my sweet wife about the necessity of having a 2nd fridge. When she gets mad at me she starts throwing my bottles away. :mad: It seems to happen a lot though, must be the pregnancy hormones.

I convinced mine by agreeing to share it with her. She keeps the grocery overflow in it, and I keep a 3-gal keg. I put the tap into the side instead of the door, so it's not in the way. Works out pretty well.

Clay said:

Just remember...keep your head covered and sleep with one eye open.

This is why I never married. :D

Although, the woman I came closest to marrying (chill, shudder, brrr...) gave me a six-month subscription to Beer Across America back in 1994. I soon became a 'beer-hound' and renewed on my own for another year. It was all downhill after that! So, in a way, I have her to thank for my beer obsession. But I think she might have regretted it at some point! :cross:

These days, I check to see if a woman likes beer or can at least tolerate my love of all things 'beer'. Fortunately, my new girlfriend likes beer, helped me with my last batch and loves my version or ORRELSE's Lake Walk Pale Ale that I brewed. She specifically asked for it when we get back to my place tomorrow night! ;) I had to overlook the fact that she is a shapely, natural blonde who looks great in a miniskirt. ;)

Rhoobarb said:
These days, I check to see if a woman likes beer or can at least tolerate my love of all things 'beer'. Fortunately, my new girlfriend likes beer, helped me with my last batch and loves my version or ORRELSE's Lake Walk Pale Ale that I brewed. She specifically asked for it when we get back to my place tomorrow night! ;) I had to overlook the fact that she is a shapely, natural blonde who looks great in a miniskirt. ;)

LOL.
Well, YOU did brew it, and you did tell her it was your very own recipe I hope?

One of the reasons (not the real reason, but part) I moved to kegging was because of all the bottles and the looks from my wife. (They never truly understand do they?) So, now all I have to worry about is having a keg at the ready and clean glasses :drunk:

Latest posts

Back