Will be out of beer..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbiLynn

Reaction score
I was looking at my brewing schedule, which got off whack, and realized I will be out of beer ready to drink from January 15th to at least the 23th.

Obvious answer, just go buy some, but for me in a very rural area, that's over 20 miles round trip and a couple of those miles over rough terrain. I go to town usually the first week of each month so before February there is nothing else I need to buy, just the beer I'll be out of. So just running to the store is not an option. Also, asking someone to pick it up for me is not an option either, they don't think it's normal to have 3-4 low ABV beers each night. So they won't buy beer for me... they already think I drink too much!

So I am thinking my options are:
1)Just start opening and drinking bottles before they are ready

2)Just start drinking the fermented wort/beer that's just waiting to become clear.

I am thinking 2 because why bother bottling if you are just going to open them too soon anyway. And carbonation is for sissies.

3)I guess this would be, "just make the damn trip to the store!"

I don't like 3 because I don't like wasting fuel.

4)Just stay off the booze for a week.

5)You have a better answer to my dilemma.

Oh I feel for you. Drinking green beer is not the best but I suppose you could. And 20 miles for beer would just suck unless you could find something else to get as well with it.

When I didn't have an ID I used to used to walk 30 minutes for beer. Driving 20 miles is nothing.

6) Invite an old drinking buddy over to do some fishing, ask him to pick you up some beer on his way. Problem solved. :rockin:

Jeez, just drive the 20 miles! I'd LOVE to have a reason to take my jeep out for a short ride. it wouldn't even have to be for something as important as beer!

Option 4 could work...

This is the reply I expected when I asked.... :drunk:

Going with a combination of 3 and 4... went to the store and got a little but it just doesn't taste right... Looking forward to next week when I've got some homebrew ready to drink. For now, it's mostly a drought. The fishing buddy fix only worked for one afternoon, then we had drank all the beer.

Where do you live, out of curiosity?

In my small town, And due to the fact that I live outside of town in the country, it would take me 10 min to get to the grocery store to get decent beer, and 10 min back. NOt sure about the mileage. I've made that trip a few times just for beer. No rough terrain, though.

Where do you live, out of curiosity?

In my small town, And due to the fact that I live outside of town in the country, it would take me 10 min to get to the grocery store to get decent beer, and 10 min back. NOt sure about the mileage. I've made that trip a few times just for beer. No rough terrain, though.

Center of Apalachicola national forest in Florida. It's 20-25 minutes one way and 20-25 minutes back. 2 miles of that is on a 4-wheeler to get to the truck since hurricane Debby washed away the little road. Need to get that fixed. Just to get the mailbox, it's 2 miles on the ATV.

Back