Today's Score ( my first big one)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
:ban:So I finally got a hold of some good beers.:ban:

Rogue Hazelnut Brown
Rogue Chocolate Stout
STONE Vertical EPIC 8-08-08
Delirium Nocturnal
Lagunitas MOTHER
Rochefort 6
Rochefort 8
Orval

No the big problem is what do I do with them!! I want to drink them all now, but at the same time I want to save them all!!!

How do I get the pics to show in the thread without loading them photobucket. I loaded them to the gallery, but dunno how to to link from the gallery if possible.

beers 001.jpg

beers 004.jpg

beers 005.jpg

beers 006.jpg

The Stone Vertical 08 is good. I bought an entire case of it!:rockin:

Rogue is good. Haven't had the Orval, Lagunitas, Delirium, or the Rochefort.

8000d1223175621-todays-score-my-first-big-one-beers-001.jpg

8001d1223175649-todays-score-my-first-big-one-beers-004.jpg

8002d1223175664-todays-score-my-first-big-one-beers-005.jpg

8003d1223175723-todays-score-my-first-big-one-beers-006.jpg

In the reply box, push the button that looks like a mountain then paste the URL of the pic in the box that pops up.

I used to see Lagunitas in a few places in Lubbock, but now that I'm in Fort Worth with more of a selection, I can't find any of their beers

My score of the day was a $30 craigslist turkey fryer that was used twice. Balliiiiin

The Stone Vertical 08 is good. I bought an entire case of it!:rockin:

Rogue is good. Haven't had the Orval, Lagunitas, Delirium, or the Rochefort.

I would have liked to havew bought at least two of the Stones, to drink one now and drink one next year to compare, but already spent 50 bucks.
THe Orval is great. I had it at a taphouse in SC last summer along with the delirium. Haven't tried the others but have heard so much about Rocehfort and Lagunitas Brewing Compnay. Me an SWMBO will be sampling the Rocheforts tonight to compare. THe Rogues are "her" beers. She told me yesterday, "You've turned me into sucha beer snob!" Mission accomplished! MAkes it that much easier to obtain nice beers myself if she understands teh importance.

[
In the reply box, push the button that looks like a mountain then paste the URL of the pic in the box that pops up.

Thanks for the tip and thanks for posting my pics.

:ban:So I finally got a hold of some good beers.:ban:

Rogue Hazelnut Brown
Rogue Chocolate Stout
STONE Vertical EPIC 8-08-08
Delirium Nocturnal
Lagunitas MOTHER
Rochefort 6
Rochefort 8
Orval

No the big problem is what do I do with them!! I want to drink them all now, but at the same time I want to save them all!!!

How do I get the pics to show in the thread without loading them photobucket. I loaded them to the gallery, but dunno how to to link from the gallery if possible.

I don't like either of those Rogue beers, but I know I am in the minority on that. The Rochefort 8 is up there in my favorite beers list. Orval is awesome, the Rochefort 6 is good, and Delerium Nocturnum is always a treat.

I haven't had the 08 or the Lagunitas Mother. I keep putting off the 08 because it is still out there, I guess.

Also, I really wish I only spent 50 at a time. :/ I should take pics of my closet sometime.

I hear that. I'm better now. I try to keep it around 50-ish.:cross:

I used to be bad. Every Friday I would drop like 75$ on beer for y garage fridge alone.....that's not counting "cellar" beers.

I hear that. I'm better now. I try to keep it around 50-ish.:cross:

I used to be bad. Every Friday I would drop like 75$ on beer for y garage fridge alone.....that's not counting "cellar" beers.

I don't cellar a lot of beer. Some alesmith barrel aged stuff, I have most of the vertical epics, some black butte xx, some barley wines... Mostly though, I can't keep my hands off my beer.

I do have a lot of beer I forgot about from last Christmas. Like 10 different fest beers. I hope they're still all ok.

Orval is great, nothing really to compare it to. I wasn't a huge fan of the 08 Vertical, definitely needs to be cellared for a while. I haven't hade the Rochefort 6 or 8, but the 10 is good

Orval is great, nothing really to compare it to. I wasn't a huge fan of the 08 Vertical, definitely needs to be cellared for a while. I haven't hade the Rochefort 6 or 8, but the 10 is good

10 is great! If you like dark strongs, I would highly suggest the 8.

So Sunday night we broke out the Rocheforts and sampled them back to back. These were both very good I thought. I was amazed at how well the alcohol was hidden in both. I never would have guess they were 7.5 and 9.2 beers! Wife preferred the 8. I think I did too. Definitely want to try the 10 as well now.
Also on a non-tasting note, I got them all out and was reading the bottles that night, (after the rocheforts, a couple Leg Humpers and some ESBs) and was explaining the EPIC series to the wife. She say's, You should get 4 more bottles of this, then next buy 3 09's, 2 10's, and so on so each year we can taste them all together. I said, Well, OK, if you think it'd be a good idea! SWMBO is totally coming around to this hobby of mine, and I could totally picture her getting into the brewing at one point.

Back