Karma...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like this?

Speaking of karma...

In the house I grew up in there was a small concrete Buddha statue. I grew up beign taught to be nice to the Budda because he had the power to curse--- maybe that isn't how the Chinese feel about him but THIS Buddha can.

My father happened across this at a job site he was meeting a friend at. They were gutting an office building for rennovation and outside near where Pop parked there was a huge dumpster and next to that was this Buddha statue. So he asks, " It okay if I take this?" to which the foreman said. "You don't want to touch that motehr****er. It's cursed." He then led into the story:

This Buddha was found in an office on the 3rd floor. One of the workers picked up the statue and threw it down the stairs to the 2nd floor where they were lofting everything out the window to the dumsters. A few minutes later lunch was called. This guy walked over to the stairwell and promptly fell down the stairs, breaking his leg.

Shortly after lunch another laborer picked up the Buddha and pitched him out the window to the dumpster. He overblanaced, fell out the window after the Buddha and into the Dumpster, breaking his arm. The Buddha had fallen into teh dumpster, hit a sheet of plywood and been launched back out of the dumpster where it came to rest in a pile of dirt, upright and reclined into the sun. It still sat there, untouched by anyone on that job site till the next day when my father asked if he could take it.

Gotta be nice to the Buddha or he fcuks you up.

Back