I guess I've seen everything now.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I really give a sh*t either way, but this sentence is pretty goddamned stupid:

A day without gays would be tragic because it would be a day without love.

Oh, so only gays love. What the hell are they talking about?

I'd think a day without gay
is a day without pay
and most certainly may
end in a request
to just stay away.

At least they're donating the time to community improvement/etc. If I called in, I'd probably just sleep till 12, brew till 6, and drink till 10.

Meh, they have a right to be pissed at the prop 8 thing. This how anybody and everybody expresses themselves on the interwebz.

If I were gay, I would be the most magnificent flaming gay wonderhomo you ever f*cking saw. All power to them. As long as they don't try and molest my darling peek-a-poo (And why the hell would they) I couldn't give a crap.

I wish I could get laid as much as the gay guys though! ;)

It's an interesting idea, but I doubt that it will accomplish anything, especially when you consider that the majority of gay people in America probably won't do this because they know it won't do anything. Unlike the immigration issue (which they are obviously stealing the "call out "sick" idea from), people have a moral objection to gay marriage, calling out one day is not suddenly going to change people's minds about it. It also doesn't make sense, what does calling out have anything to do with gay marriage? The whole reason the illegal immigration movement called for a day where immigrants wouldn't work was to show that immigrants contribute to the economy, no one is questioning whether gay people contribute to the economy, so I just don't see the connection. Maybe they are trying to show that there are more gay people in the community than people think? Seems like there are more productive ways to do this (and that still wouldn't change most people's minds).

You really want to combat Prop 8, focus on the outrageous claims the pro prop 8 campaign made. Things like Prop 8= religious freedom, and prop 8 = tolerance. That would be far more productive in advancing gay rights than calling out of work.

so...wait, if i just convince my boss i'm gay, i can take this day off work?

can i do it simply in support of homosexual rights? either way, it's on. :D

i understand what they're doing, but i agree that this is kind of silly. what does work have to do with prop 8? sure, they'll show how many gay people there really are out there, but you are only hurting your own businesses.

So, let me get this straight, if we dont let gays marry, then they are never going to work again? Oh my, where will we get flight attendants!!!?? And they will go back to "gay land" where they illegally came from?

I agree, this is rediculous...

If it's quantity over quality you are after, there is always someone looking for something at 1:00 am in an airport bar.

I thought it was airport bathrooms. Best place to get "into" politics. :D

If I were gay, I would be the most magnificent flaming gay wonderhomo you ever f*cking saw.

Why do I get this mental image of Elton John and Liberace having a child together, which is then dipped into a vat of toxic broth made from Richard Simmon's laundry hamper and exposed to radiation?

Why do I get this mental image of Elton John and Liberace having a child together, which is then dipped into a vat of toxic broth made from Richard Simmon's laundry hamper and exposed to radiation?

So THAT is where they get male contestants for Project Runway!

Latest posts

Back