What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smacked.

image-1214351666.jpg

I earned these for surviving this week. I'm enjoying the Chimay Blue now.

Shoulda doubled up on the two on the right, although Chimay Blue needs a couple years for me. The Duvel Tripel Hop is really tasty if you see that.

Shoulda doubled up on the two on the right, although Chimay Blue needs a couple years for me. The Duvel Tripel Hop is really tasty if you see that.

The Chimay is definitely young-ish, the alcohol is pretty harsh, but it is still great beer. Someday when I get a good cellar I'll purchase and cellar some beers for a good long time along with my own.

Switching it up. Why drink more so-so beer when I can have an excellent milk shake. Amy's, Belgian Chocolate and Coffee.

image-1394034557.jpg

The Chimay is definitely young-ish, the alcohol is pretty harsh, but it is still great beer. Someday when I get a good cellar I'll purchase and cellar some beers for a good long time along with my own.

One of the few upsides to the total lack of beer scene here is that I find them well aged occasionally. I think people vastly overstate the need for beer to be kept at 55. As long as it stays under 70, it's usually good to go.

One of the few upsides to the total lack of beer scene here is that I find them well aged occasionally. I think people vastly overstate the need for beer to be kept at 55. As long as it stays under 70, it's usually good to go.

And here is where I am screwed living in the desert. In the summer the apartment is 80F. By summer, I mean March to November... In my situation I have to keep everything at room or fridge temp for storage. :(

Man, I love this beer. I walked into my local bottle shop today and started shooting the **** with the guys there. They told me to hold on a minute while they walked into the back. One of the guys pushes a cart out with Two Brothers, Bear Republic, Mikkeller, and a couple of sours from Shelton Bros. One of their distributers has started getting them this stuff. I'm pretty excited because I've always gotten Two Brothers when I traveled to Chicago and now I don't have to. :) As for the beer, it is drinking super fresh right now I'm extremely happy with it. This has always been one of my favorite pales. I really dig the citrus notes in Pale Ales and IPAs. I'm really looking forward to getting and sharing Schlafly TIPA with a couple of you guys next month.

photo (4).jpg

Man, I love this beer. I walked into my local bottle shop today and started shooting the **** with the guys there. They told me to hold on a minute while they walked into the back. One of the guys pushes a cart out with Two Brothers, Bear Republic, Mikkeller, and a couple of sours from Shelton Bros. One of their distributers has started getting them this stuff. I'm pretty excited because I've always gotten Two Brothers when I traveled to Chicago and now I don't have to. :) As for the beer, it is drinking super fresh right now I'm extremely happy with it. This has always been one of my favorite pales. I really dig the citrus notes in Pale Ales and IPAs. I'm really looking forward to getting and sharing Schlafly TIPA with a couple of you guys next month.

That's a great session ipa. Betwixt 21 Amendments Bittet American and Founders All Day, I would choose sidekick.

A little "cough medicine." I'm feeling extra crappy so I made it a double. Sadly, I'm out of bourbon now. :(

image-3698663174.jpg

I've found that as long as the beer was otherwise properly brewed, it takes quite a bit to screw up a beer in the short term (i.e. less than a year). I've got an old ale I brewed in January that has been sitting in my 80 F basement all summer and it's still good.

Taking a short break to get caught up on the forum. Drinking my New Brew Buddy APA.

CameraZOOM-20130919201944167.jpg

WesleyS said:
A little "cough medicine." I'm feeling extra crappy so I made it a double. Sadly, I'm out of bourbon now. :(

Don't they call that "lean" around those parts?

Drinking a Real Ale Pale Ale :)

Still waiting for the plane to arrive :(

But at least they have football on now :)

But the Birds are losing :(

image-3578334587.jpg

Latest posts

Back