Fermentation temps (High and Low)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alaskanmoosehunter

Reaction score
I have been reading up on fermentation and temps. Seems there are different brews that recommend different temps to allow the yeast to do their job efficiently.

My problem is my garage and the flexing temps. (50 F-81 F) My oil burner in my garage runs my hot water heater all year and my radiant floor heating in the winter. So in essance, I might have to brew different type of beers depending on this temp range in the garage.

Winter should be easier since I can run a heating element around my fermentation bucket to keep it where I need it.

Summer the garage runs hot from the boiler and the sun pokes up to increase the garage temps to HOT. I'll have to figure out how to cool the wort to ferment properly.

What brews do you guys know of that have low fermentation temps and high temps so I can brew beers according to seasons?

Thanks,

Ben

Low temps - (55-65) Kolsch/hybrid type beers.
Really low temps (45-55) - Lagers
High temps (75-80)- Belgian styles
Really high temps (80-100) - Saisons

Back