What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Transfered my Sour Cherry Pale Ale over to the secondary.. THEN realized I didnt have the right size stoppers to fit my new better bottle carboys. Just star-saned a zip lock and tapped it on till I can get back to the LHBS tomorrow.

Test sampled my Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde after 10 days conditioning in the keg and 1.5 days in the kegerator. Clearly a bit green, looking forward to it improving!

Got an ale pale to finish cleaning,& a crap ton of bottles to clean & soak in hot water. Dang dregs get stubborn sometimes. Not to mention PBW or starsan film that may've built up. Never hurts to be sure.

Updated my home brew Facebook group on water and water additions.

Edited some brew video I took on my last brew day.

I just finished de-labeling 7 cases (168 bottles) of bottles in my bottling bucket, 18 bottles at a time. I need some beer.

Horseballs said:
I just finished de-labeling 7 cases (168 bottles) of bottles in my bottling bucket, 18 bottles at a time. I need some beer.

I think a kegging system is what you need. And a beer, wouldn't deny you a beer.

Made a mini starter of 3068 for EdWort's Bavarian hefe. It's been in the fridge a long time, since December, I think. I might not have washed it that well to begin with, so I did a small one and I'll step it up. Then I'll pitch only part of it (to get some banana) and save the rest. I Brewed Yooper's DFH 60 min tuesday.

Our raspberry patch is producing like mad this year and everyone wants a raspberry wheat, so over the last couple of days I picked 3 or 4 pounds of berries and froze them. Should get many more pounds over the next couple of weeks. I also tended my hop plants today and wept as a beloved keg of porter kicked the bucket.

started a keezer build, and obviously it couldnt have gone as planned....need to fabricate a piece of metal for the hinges to attach to. Oh, well...give the stain time to dry

Pondered my next world conquering recipe that will be brewed on Independence Day! It's looking like it might be a RIS!

Drank a few homebrews while I cooked dinner and made a gigantic starter of my recycled 05 for tomorrow's brew day.

Today, I went to Solemn Oath Brewery in Naperville, IL. It's small, but they are brewing some tasty brew. Right before we were about to leave they tapped a keg of Kidnapped By Vikings IPA brewed with fennel, angel root, and apricot. It smelled like food! Wow, really good.

made a starter for this saturday's tripel with my smuggled 3787.

I don't want to know where on your person you "hid" it.
ha! hid it in my luggage, not on my person. the airport i fly out of has those millimeter wave scanners ("full body scanners"), so there is no way that i could have gotten away with having it on my person. luckily an un-expanded smack pack is quite thin, i had it edge-wise so it probably looked like something narrow, thin and dense to the scanner operator.

anyone know if x-rays are harmful to yeast?

Right before we were about to leave they tapped a keg of Kidnapped By Vikings IPA brewed with fennel, angel root, and apricot. It smelled like food! Wow, really good.
beer is food - it's liquid bread.

2 small batches (3 & 4gal) in six hours :) Rogue Somer Honey Ale clone & re-brew of my Welcome Black IPA

Brewed a 5 gallon BIAB batch of West Coast Blaster. Added .5 Centennial for FWH, and accidentally added an extra ounce of Cascade for bittering. Loved using my new Bobby M refractometer to watch the progress.

Got my sister and her husband over today, built a big ol bon fire, have 2 10 gal batches boiling right now, mine a tripel thats gonna get a healthy dose of funk from some brett lambicus, his a brown, receiving the same yeasty beasties.

Made my first starter!

image-1722445833.jpg

Just brewed up a Belgian Blonde. Had a few mishaps, but OG sample tasted good and everything is cleaned up now. A bad day brewing is still better than a good day at work.

Took gravity readings from two fermentors (both with 5 gallons of BM's Centennial Blonde, one with Nottingham and the other with washed WLP001) and kegged one.

Bottled my own recipe of an Octoberfest style ale. Sample was delicious. Can't wait for this to carb up and mature for the fall!

Filled 5 kegs from my two big fermenters in preperation of moving to BIAB brewing (the two fermenters had a 4 kits in them, the last time I'll be doing my brews that way).

Back