What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racked a peach mead off the fruit, started a sweet and tart cherry mead, and racked some skeeter pee to a secondary.

Hand picked 8 lbs of strawberries for a Strawberry Blonde!

IMAG0725.jpg

IMAG0726.jpg

Nice, I just racked to the secondary over a bed of strawberries, for a chocolate, strawberry ale.

So I am freezing them to kill any nasties, do I throw the frozen chunk in the secondary this weekend or do I let them come back to room temp? My first try with fruit!:rockin:

I'm wondering if my 2L flask and single White Labs vial is inadequate for 11 gallons of 1.050 beer. I'm guessing it is based on the pitching rate from Mr Malty. I guess it's time to get a 5L flask to be able to make sufficient starters from single vials/smack packs.

I made my apparently insufficient starter for my alt I'm brewing this weekend, which prompted my wondering mind about the size of the starter.

What did I do for beer today? I followed up on an invitation to change my status from amateur to professional brewer. Wish me luck.

Went to a solstice baseball game, consumed a couple of BCMs, which made me appreciate my homebrewing efforts even more.

Fired up the fridge in the garage to store finished homebrew in. Need to install valve and thermometer in the new brew pot and do a test drive with new worth chiller to check for leaks. On the new Bayou Burner out front. Revolutionizing my game!

Added a second vial (half price!) of WLP036 to my starter along with some yeast nutrient, 400 ml of wort (50 grams of DME). That should definitely get my pitching rate to where it needs to be for 11 gallons of beer.

Added a second vial (half price!) of WLP036 to my starter along with some yeast nutrient, 400 ml of wort (50 grams of DME). That should definitely get my pitching rate to where it needs to be for 11 gallons of beer.

I am also in your position. I will make a 2L starter with one vial then dump out half into a jar and make another 2L starter with the other half. You can repeat this as many times as needed to get your cell count up high enough for 11 gallons.

i picked up a case of Tona for the wifes fam reunion. exchanged my tank for more co2. racked my racer 5 clone over to finish keg and hooked up co2 to carb.
broke open a 1# ball of cascade pellets and packed into 1 oz vac packs.

installed second tower for kegerator. (also for wifes fam reunion). will have my Pilzen and the racer 5 clone on tap.

Went to lhbs brewed two all grain batches one for enjoyment one for competition. Made starter for skeeter pee and pitched into must also bottled a jalapeño cream ale

Took my starter off the stir plate and started chilling it for tomorrow's brew. Eventually, I'll get out to the garage to get some things organized and cleaned up from the minor construction project I had going.

Yesterday I brewed a batch of my, soon to be famous, Blueberry Amber Ale and cleaned up after a bottle bomb that nearly killed me (I really need to get serious about going to a kegging system). I read a couple chapters of "Brewing Classic Styles," and started an emergency drinking session of the remainder of the bottles that might blow at any moment. I got through about 4 pints before I gave up.

Today, I checked my fermentation on the BBAA. It's starting to get active at 65 degrees. Boiled some water to harvest yeast from a batch of American Amber I made a couple weeks ago. Later I'll start sanitizing bottles for that one. I'll be reading some more of the book today as well.

Bought ingredients for my here I'm brewing next weekend. I also got some mad. vanilla beans, split scraped them and they are now soaking in some bourbon which will go in my RIS next weekend.

Bought ingredients for a Summer Shandy clone. Also, mother in law found some stiens that her brother bought while in Germany a while ago and she gave them to me!! One is a Gerz which I guess is a popular brand??

IMAG0733.jpg

Properly installed the PIDs in my fermentation side-by-side, installed the fans to cool the fridge side, and wrapped up the wiring. Everything appears to be working correctly and should be set to ferment my Düsseldorf Altbier at 60* starting tomorrow.

Killing 2 kegs of my homebrew at a graduation party for my sister in law who just finish her masters degree. I made a strawberry blonde and a summer ale with lemon zest and grains of paradise. Its pretty cool watching people you don't know pass the bud light keg for your keg.

well we cranked out 10gal of Peat wheat and 10gal of Flanders Red. Oh and drank HB while I brewed.

Just bottled my yellow jacket pale ale. I decided to dry hop with an oz of cascade and the hop flavor is perfect. The sample tastes awesome.

Washed and de labeled 40ish bottles... Racked a light wheat on to an a**load of strawberries... Washed yeast from that wheat brew. First time washing yeast! :rockin:

Cleaned up my 1st corney keg and sampled my American Amber. It came out just add I'd hoped. Will be kegging tomorrow.

Back