What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last of the beers Hello sent me. This is really good, but I'm not sure I dig how orange zest plays with the rest of the Christmas character ingredients (honey, ginger, and cinnamon). Despite that, though, I think it's a great beer. Not too heavily spiced like a lot of these type of beers tend to be and nice medium body helps the flavors to stick around for a while after swallowing.

Coff.

I would really love to crack-open a beer right now.

jak1010 said:
Can you incorporate beer into the pizza? Maybe in the dough?

Use your spent grains in the dough but that'd make for one dense pizza... Although I have had a beer that was made to taste like pizza!

TCGoose said:
Some Brunch Weasel. Now I know why you all talk about that weasel poop so much! :rocking:

That beer tastes like crap! Weasel crap that is. ;)
It's a great beer isn't it? And you know what they say, once you go weasel $h1t, Folgers just don't cut it. :p

Drinking coffee. Just ate a Fractured Prune donut.

Box should have had a warning label:

image.jpg

Drinking iced tea and surprised I'm able to access this thread. Anyone else notice that when they're finally able to read the thread again from the iPhone app that it doesn't take you to the last place you left off. You have to go back to the previous page and catch up.

Use your spent grains in the dough but that'd make for one dense pizza... Although I have had a beer that was made to taste like pizza!

Not a bad idea. I've seen an article on this site for making bread as well but my history with bread making is terrible. Oddly enough, I can make a mean pizza and pasta.

Drinking iced tea and surprised I'm able to access this thread. Anyone else notice that when they're finally able to read the thread again from the iPhone app that it doesn't take you to the last place you left off. You have to go back to the previous page and catch up.

Tried the android app 2 mins ago and can't access any page on this thread. Other threads work on the forum but not this thread. Says something about forum software plugin being outdated or having a conflict.

Drinking double strong homebrewed coffee with a splash of pumpkin spice.

Yup.

Although I'm not able to access it with the app right now.

Somebody yesterday noted that happens when they get "far enough behind" on reading the thread.

DisturbdChemist said:
I still cant access the thread on the app. They need to fix this asap. Its getting annoying

I agree. If it's not fixed soon I'm going to be forced to start(gasp!) drinking without posting about it. ;)
I rely on accessing HBT through the app 99.9% of the time. It's inconvenient to go to the browser version through the app or through the browser on my phone.

It is odd that it is only this thread that acts up.

Water right now.

I was cleaning out my closet to find out if I had enough bottles and caps for all of the brew I have to bottle and found about 3/4 case of Apfelwein. The problem with this is that I am 100% sure it was not pasteurized. I can't believe they haven't totally exploded. I opened one, total gusher, no mistake about it. I burped about 6 and they still gushed quite a bit. I finally poured the remaining into a 2 quart container and put it in the fridge uncovered. I'll have to drink that. I opened two more bottles and could burp them without gushing so I re-capped and put in the fridge. The rest are in the garage in a bin. I don't think I want to burp all of them so they can just gush. I will likely get them cold, uncap them, let them go flat, then re-cap and pasteurize. I have 5 gallons of cider to bottle, to avoid all issues I will bottle and pasteurize 3 days later. Carbonated or not, I don't care to deal with bombs, gushers, etc.

Oh and again T-mobile cancelled my f'ing order. I hate them so bad.

Beer soon. After lunch. :D

It is odd that it is only this thread that acts up.

Water right now.

I was cleaning out my closet to find out if I had enough bottles and caps for all of the brew I have to bottle and found about 3/4 case of Apfelwein. The problem with this is that I am 100% sure it was not pasteurized. I can't believe they haven't totally exploded. I opened one, total gusher, no mistake about it. I burped about 6 and they still gushed quite a bit. I finally poured the remaining into a 2 quart container and put it in the fridge uncovered. I'll have to drink that. I opened two more bottles and could burp them without gushing so I re-capped and put in the fridge. The rest are in the garage in a bin. I don't think I want to burp all of them so they can just gush. I will likely get them cold, uncap them, let them go flat, then re-cap and pasteurize. I have 5 gallons of cider to bottle, to avoid all issues I will bottle and pasteurize 3 days later. Carbonated or not, I don't care to deal with bombs, gushers, etc.

Oh and again T-mobile cancelled my f'ing order. I hate them so bad.

Beer soon. After lunch. :D

Can't you call up screaming and tell them to refund you money immediately? I mean, they've screwed it up enough!

Had some of my blood orange, white peppercorn saison last night which was outstanding

ForumRunner_20131206_095919.jpg

Drinking coffee now, unfortunately it wasnt sh@t out by a weasel...

Can't you call up screaming and tell them to refund you money immediately? I mean, they've screwed it up enough!
The problem is they keep refunding it but since they ran my credit for service, I don't want to go elsewhere. I think it is time though. I just don't want another hard inquiry. It pisses me off to no end.

Perhaps the thread is out of balance due to the Nizzetomy.
Totally! I blame that.

Getting them cold might help with the gushing too.

Some HB Graff with lunch here

Getting them cold might help with the gushing too.

Some HB Graff with lunch here

Yup. Will chill, uncap, let come back to room temp, re-cap and probably pasteurize.

This thread is dead with the GD app not working well. :( I'm drinking water but I'm about to crack a beer.

Back