Das BOOT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EamusCatuli

Reaction score
So me and a bruv went to Hofbrauhaus a today, first time ive ever been. (for those who arent familiar it is a big chain micro-brew, but still cool). They were actually brewing beer while we were there, i asked to speak to the master brewer but their reaction to it was cold, oh well. Anyway, for ****z and giggles we bought the Das Boot, like you may have seen in the movie Beerfest. Now im not big on chugging and whatnot, I enjoy my beer. However, just out of curiosity we tried to fill the 2 litre boot with Bud Light and chugg it. I went first, and it was impossible, not only was it hard to even get to "the bubble," but when you finally got there it literally did explode, and the timing with the turning and everything was difficult. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this for fun? Anyone done it? :rockin:

never done it. In fact when I was at the Hauf in Munich, I was too hung over from the night on the town to drink. It was 10 AM and we got back to my friends apartment at 7 AM.

Cue hb99 to explain that "das boot" actually means "the boat" in German. :p

And it's the name of a great freakin Submarine Movie!!!

144237~Das-Boot-Posters.jpg

Haha, hey now lets not jump to conclusions, just because I try the boot doesnt make me a DB, if thats what was inferred. Just thought it would be fun to try.

No, Bud Light isnt good beer, but shouldnt it be a good thing that I used BL instead of my homebrew?

Good times.

Actually, this was a trick they try playing on foreigners sometimes, especially at universities in the southern half of the country. It usually works...

...When they tried it on me i just held it sideways the whole time and had no issue...you know, becuase there's no rule you MUST drink it like that. Just sayin'

I am going to attempt this with guinness someday. I doubt it'll be a problem because I can do 1 liter in less than 10 seconds.

I have a boot....and with Guinness it's no problem...but then again I only had it tilted to the side the whole time. It was neat...I was thinking a quad car bomb in it, but then decided 2 guinnesses was enough at once

*edit* Saw the movie a few weeks ago....I liked it actually

air gets trapped in the bubble and spurts beer at you when it gets released. just hold the tip downwards and it won't happen.

i have a 1 Liter boot i got for christmas. i think i'm going to fill that up with some banana bread ale right now :)

Latest posts

Back