What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On that note, finishing my pint and off to bed. Up early in the AM to judge yet another comp. This gives me the points I need to take the written exam BEFORE the guideline switch...next stop National rank.

I kinda want to send you beers. Congrats sir.

I kinda want to send you beers. Congrats sir.

Haven't passed that exam yet. Fortunately from what I understand (per discussions with Master and Grand Master judges) I should easily be able to get the score I need for National based on my judging exam score. I'm trying to be one of the very few who on their first attempts get a combined average high enough for Master. I'll need a 92% to do that. If I pull that off, then it's bye bye exams, and just a matter of racking up the points. Hit National early 2016, start grading and proctoring, and the points come flying in, and hopefully Master by 2017. Of course, my odds of hitting Master scores on the first try are low, but I barely need a score in the low 70's to make National, which shouldn't be hard if I'm even remotely prepared. Already got a seat on the quarterly October exam, a month before they start going by the 2015 guidelines instead of 2008. So plenty of time to study between now and then.

Haven't passed that exam yet. Fortunately from what I understand (per discussions with Master and Grand Master judges) I should easily be able to get the score I need for National based on my judging exam score. I'm trying to be one of the very few who on their first attempts get a combined average high enough for Master. I'll need a 92% to do that. If I pull that off, then it's bye bye exams, and just a matter of racking up the points. Hit National early 2016, start grading and proctoring, and the points come flying in, and hopefully Master by 2017. Of course, my odds of hitting Master scores on the first try are low, but I barely need a score in the low 70's to make National, which shouldn't be hard if I'm even remotely prepared. Already got a seat on the quarterly October exam, a month before they start going by the 2015 guidelines instead of 2008. So plenty of time to study between now and then.

So, to recap. Pm me your address. As soon as I like a batch, I send you one. I'm 3 for 4 as far as I'm concerned.

Sculpin of the habenaro variety. Hot, but no lasting burn so its not bad. I do prefer the grapefruit more.

WP_20150516_002.jpg

I think I can only handle one of those Habanero Sculpins at a time. Little spicy, kept the tummy warm for a while. Now I'm on my second home-brewed Amarillo IPA. Wish I had thought to put more in the fridge for tonight! So I put 3 more in the fridge for tomorrow, since that's all that would fit ;)

3/4 bottle of scotch. You know who has a ****ty job? Medical examiners and crime scene clean up crews. Today blew the almighty donkey dong, alright. Cheers crew. Catch you sober

Man, that sounds terrible. I'm sorry.

Coffee. Couldn't sleep, so annoying.

Swim class with the little one, then shopping and haircuts. Fun. Maybe smoking some meat this afternoon. Unlikely, but maybe.
On topic, water.

Done with coffee. Dropped swmbo off at the airport, daughter had her softball pictures done, and picked up some tp and paper towels at the store on the way home. Time to relax for a bit before it's time to have some beers.

You need some lefse with that coffee mug.

Normally, I would today of all days. With the move and all, SWMBO doesn't want me to make the kitchen a graveyard of flour and potatoes. There's always little Christmas.

Kaffee i koppen.

Normally, I would today of all days. With the move and all, SWMBO doesn't want me to make the kitchen a graveyard of flour and potatoes. There's always little Christmas.

Kaffee i koppen.

Luckily I there is a lefse place in the state that makes some decent lefse I can buy year-round for such occassions. I would rather make it, but sometimes that doesn't work out.

Sweet or savory?

Luckily I there is a lefse place in the state that makes some decent lefse I can buy year-round for such occassions. I would rather make it, but sometimes that doesn't work out.

Sweet or savory?

Savory all the way. We usually have kransekake when family comes, so sweet is covered.

Wish we had a store like that. I've heard there's a food truck in Portland that specializes in lefse, which seems a bit random.

MIssouri is a food hell.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431886532.823430.jpg

Here was my night last night - in order ( :D ) :

qCjaa5A.jpg

UJHyR4P.jpg

B2WJlh9.jpg

mHBnd19.jpg

I really like the Curmudgeon, but they aren't something to sit back and pound. One a night is enough.

The gose was not that bad. It kind of tasted like I thought a cherry beer would taste anyway, but I got just a little bit of "funk" at the back-end of every sip. I'd be so brave as to call that a beginner's sour. I will try another sour at some point, I will say.

The Grapefruit Sculpin was kind of like a cross between a Stone IPA and Bell's Two Hearted. That is not an insult, BTW.

The DirtWolf... ah, what can I say? I love that beer. And it's year-round, available most everywhere.

Right now, I am just having water.

Latest posts

Back