propane burner question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackwaterbrewer

Reaction score
is there any way to get more BTU's out of my burner. it is a basic propane burner with a grill regulator. it think it is 40,000 btu's. it works ok, but i was thinking of drilling out the holes or trying to circumvent/upgrade the regulator. i don't really know how it works. if anyone does, i'd love some advice!:ban:

I think your best bet is to buy a regulator with a higher PSI. I read something a while ago about someone drill out the holes and wound up ruining it.

What burner do you have?

just something i bought from the local hydroaulic equipment store. it is not name brand or anything. i was thinking about a different regulator. i'll look into it.

I've got a RC-14 Bayou cooker... i think most of these have a 10psi regulator, for 55k BTU/h. Can i replace that safely with a 20psi regulator? (which would more than triple the BTU/h)

I've got a RC-14 Bayou cooker... i think most of these have a 10psi regulator, for 55k BTU/h. Can i replace that safely with a 20psi regulator? (which would more than triple the BTU/h)

Not sure, if it's the same type burner as the SQ14, it won't work, supposedly it blows itself out with anything more than a 10psi Regulator.

Back