Lost Duck Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoPhunk

Reaction score
If anyone is ever in Fort Madison, Iowa stop by this brewery. They are in the middle of bmc country and this past Friday I stopped by around 6pm and there were only 3 patrons. I asked when they get busy and they said it was the usual crowd. I tried the beers expecting crap because of the size of the crowd but the beer is pretty good. Growlers are $10 new and $8 for a refill.

So if you are near fort Madison try em out

Thats on my goto list,didnt catch that one before and might be closer than the Potosi brewery thats outside of Dubuque,also.I dindt think their tap was any better,but the pumpkin is good,and probably gone now-the porter and pumpkin were good the rest seemed average,better sticking to the bottle with their yearlys- they seem better.Many of them seemed thin and light on tap.
Bent River in Moline stiffed me charging for a full price growler(dry hopped pale ale),when i brought my own from Great River Brewery in.Maybe the extra hopping was going to cost me or Maybe they didnt like my growler,oh well. Or could be a mistake from a brand new server which didnt know the difference between the seasonal tap and the guest taps,when it was written hugely on a chalkboard. Ha ha.Great food though.
Backpocket Brewery outside of Iowa city seems worth checking out,tried the jacknife on tap.

I haven't been to bent for awhile. It's kind of a hippy bar or the music is so loud you can't hear yourself think.

Yeah,first time and was annoyed (no hippies though)at the very unnessarly loud dj soundcheck and noisy partiers at 5 pm.I thought i went early enough to avoid that.Thats what happens when you accidentally go on a Holloween costume party night though.
Gonna give bluecat another shot,i see that you can take home 6ers with you,hopefully i find a few i like,doensnt seem they changed a whole lot in the last decade or more.

Back