What to buy at Amazon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crashed

Reaction score
I want to get into kegging my homebrew and bought a chest freezer, GE 7cuft.
I have a gift card from Amazon worth about 150 dollars and was trying to figure out what would be the best thing or things to buy. The rest of the items will have to be purchased as money permits.
My goal is to be able to have 4 or 5 taps in the freezer. All I have now is the chest freezer. I was planning on buying the kegs and CO2 locally to save on shipping costs. Any opinions or ideas would be a great help. Thank in advance.

Have you thought about building a wood collar for the freezer top? This would allow you to put the shanks through the wood and not drill into the freezer. (You may already be aware of this fact but a friend of mine tried drilling through the side of his chest freezer hit a coolant line and got a very big paper weight for his efforts)

Yes, I was going to put a 10in collar on the chest freezer so that it will fit 5 kegs. I am planning on drilling through that and attaching everything to the wood. I am thinking a temp controller would be the first thing to get than I would have 80 dollars in Amazon gift cards for something else. Thanks

i bought a beginners kit on amazon for like 90 collars, it had the two hoses for gas and faust, plus faust and regulator. really the best deal i could find. (plus you might be able to sign up for amazon prime (for free depending) and get free shipping on a variety of things

the best deals on a keg setup and other keg system parts is kegconnection.com. When I was searching for the best price on a keg setup, they were the cheapest and have great customer service.

This looks like a good temp controller: Love Controller although it looks like the wiring is not as simple as the plug in and probe style.

Morebeer.com has free shipping on orders above $60, and they have non-refurbished kegs for $33.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. My biggest problem is I have to Amazon gift cards so it the items has to be bought at a store that sells there. I ordered this temp controller

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00368D6JA/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

So I have about 100 dollars remaining for other things ordered through Amazon. Thanks for the advise though. I will look at those items.

Thanks I will look into that other temperature controller. I know the threads are extremely helpful here.

I'll second the temp controller...the freezer will be useless for beer until you get one. You can always get a controller, kegs and tank/regulator and use cheap picnic taps until you have the money to build a collar and get good faucets. You'd have to open the lid to dispense beer, but it's better than nothing.

Latest posts

Back