stick-on thermometer strips?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tohadlock

Reaction score
Hey,

Will the stick-on thermometer strips work on a glass carboy?

My new kit came with those only along with 2 glass carboy's and 2 buckets.

Of course one bucket looks like it's for bottling and the other for perhaps fermenting or sanitizing.

Thanks

Want to make your stick-on therm last longer?

DO NOT PEEL OFF THE STRIP IN THE BACK!!

Instead use some "scotch" tape across it to stick it on temporarily.

This way you can remove it when washing/submerging in water. I find the repeated washing and "tub baths" to keep the temp down seperates the plastic overlay from the actual therm strip.

For tub baths I have my carboy in a milk crate (usual practice anyway) while in the tub/bin and hang my needle therm/temp gage from the crate.:D

I second homebrewer_99's motion... other threads reveal the same strategy... here was my issue:

I think the water bath might be killing my strip thermometer :(

It is still currently giving the temp, but the part that has been underwater, while still sticking, is developing some light/white areas around the temps that "move" or change when I press or rub across them...

anyone know if william's thermometer strips will keep working properly if submerged??? they say waterPROOF... http://www.williamsbrewing.com/STRIP-THERMOMETER-P538.aspx

EDIT: NEVERMIND ON THAT QUESTION... SEARCHING REVEALED THE ANSWER... IMAGINE THAT!

I am going to cover this one in packaging tape... and hope it is not too late for it...

Back