left starsan in beerline. Do i need to replace it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgerard

Reaction score
I left some starsan in my beer line for a few weeks, its still in there now actually. I just realized that my siphon hose I left in starsan for a week got kinda sticky from it.

Is my beer line ruined? I have beer that needs to be kegged but I'm worried the inside of the line is messed up. I've read starsan can make hoses degrade.

Advice please?

I left some sure nearly two months once. Didn't notice any change.
The same is not true for silicone. A few months made it flaky and brittle

Great! I was hoping that the beer line I got from a keg store was higher quality than whatever random clear tube I got from farm & fleet for siphoning.
Thanks! I will be kegging a scotch ale tomorrow.

I have two out picnic lines sitting on a stool full with star san. When it's time to tap the keg, snap and pour. :mug:

Do you run water through the line to rinse it at all? My keg has had a layer of san in it, but hasn't been full of it like the line.

It'd seem weird to rinse then san again, but I'm not sure what sorts of residue this stuff leaves. Sometimes I find a slimy layer on the bottom of my sanitation bucket.

Do you run water through the line to rinse it at all? My keg has had a layer of san in it, but hasn't been full of it like the line.

It'd seem weird to rinse then san again, but I'm not sure what sorts of residue this stuff leaves. Sometimes I find a slimy layer on the bottom of my sanitation bucket.

No, 6 oz of high sediment beer will rinse it a little.

Back