What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now hitting the rice wine. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393376052.023206.jpg

I need to get some rice and get a good size batch of that going again.

It's good stuff. I've found that bottling, pasteurizing, then refrigerating for at least 2 months yields an awesome wine for my tastes. The stuff I'm drinking now is just leftovers from my last batch that I didn't have bottles for. Still great, just will be much better in a couple months when I open the first bottle of the batch.

It's good stuff. I've found that bottling, pasteurizing, then refrigerating for at least 2 months yields an awesome wine for my tastes. The stuff I'm drinking now is just leftovers from my last batch that I didn't have bottles for. Still great, just will be much better in a couple months when I open the first bottle of the batch.

I agree, after a couple months it was awesome. Cooked a lot of Korean with it also.

So I left an engineering conference today where many non-hopped beers were ... uh ... lapped up.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393377325.511629.jpg

And made it back in time to hit the beer tasting night at my local Italian joint. First up was ST Old Man winter. Not bad, but a tad too hot.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393377492.811345.jpg

And now Flying Dogs's Raging *****. Seems like they've screwed around with the hops since the last time I has it (and not for the better.)
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393377472.533808.jpg

I went with chocolate

atadyza6.jpg

To quote the late, great Colonel Sanders "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

Tastes like a nice roasty porter that finishes a little too sweet, then some white chocolate in the finish?
Or does it just taste like beer? ;)

Jai Lai from Initybrew over in the EMaw. Good stuff! Also making stuffed burgers.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Home Brew mobile app

I agree, after a couple months it was awesome. Cooked a lot of Korean with it also.

It is great to cook with too. I need to stop being so lazy and keep my pipeline of it going. I underestimate the amount of it I can put away in one night.

I have to stop drinking beer during the week. Problem is, I brew a **** ton of IPAs. I'll have to find non-hopped stuff to brew so people care and ultimately, I don't waste hops on beer that will sit for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks. Smacked.

tumblr_mjrpki0fFf1rje6l4o1_250.gif

I'll have to try this, I'm on my first batch and it's good, three more batches are started so aging some is a distinct possibility.

Tastes like a nice roasty porter that finishes a little too sweet, then some white chocolate in the finish?
Or does it just taste like beer? ;)

Yea. Pretty much. Needs a little more chocolate. Good neither-the-less

I have to stop drinking beer during the week. Problem is, I brew a **** ton of IPAs. I'll have to find non-hopped stuff to brew so people care and ultimately, I don't waste hops on beer that will sit for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks. Smacked.

tumblr_mjrpki0fFf1rje6l4o1_250.gif

That's the best GIF ever made by humans on this planet or any other.

I'll have to try this, I'm on my first batch and it's good, three more batches are started so aging some is a distinct possibility.

Definitely age some. Pasteurize them though. If you don't, you'll get bottle bombs. The yeast in the yeast balls still works at refrigerator temps.

Mmmmmmmmm....I've had the Noel and the Delirium, but never the Tremens. How does it compare?

Also, I'm enjoying a nice citrus pale ale I brewed up a month ago. Just gets better with time :)

Yea. Pretty much. Needs a little more chocolate. Good neither-the-less

It would be nice if they did a mix of dark chocolate along with the white chocolate to give some more chocolate character to it. But it is good how it is. I'm glad I have another bottle left.

Back