Upgrade time!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphys_Law

Reaction score
I've been wanting to upgrade my gear for a while and really went back and forth with how and what I wanted to do.

I looked long and hard at going electric but decided to stick with propane for a few reasons. It was a tough decision. Real tough.

So, I decided on archiving my 16G Bayou kettle and burner, and ordered a new Spike 10G kettle and Blichmann burner, along with a Jaded Hydra IC. I also ordered a new Wilser BIAB bag and his new hop bag with draw strings.

I got the side dip tube with the kettle and whirl pool arm for the IC. I don't currently whirl pool except with my spoon but it wasn't much more so I have it when I get a decent pump. Also got the 25" Hydra to better accommodate both the 10G and 16G kettle.

Most of my beers are low to mid gravity, and 5G batches, so I figure this set up will be ideal. If I want to "go big" then I'll bring the 16G out of retirement!

Can't wait to get my new gear and brew a good Pilsner!

Man, it would be cheaper to just buy beer but not nearly as much fun! :)

Sounds like an excellent plan Murph! I'm currently planning my future upgrade and man I'm excited for when it all comes together.

I'm gonna go electric myself, three vessel HERMS...gonna piece it together slow and steady and make the big jump 2-3 years from now when we buy a new house...also with little Sammy due to make his debut in a month gotta conserve a little bit and be patient.

Congrats on the upgrade!

I have been slowing upgrading, got a grain mill about a month ago, that really helped, and before my last brew I got a refractometer. Next purchase will be a 15 gallon SS pot and then my plans for world domination will be complete- insert evil laugh. :tank:

Back