summertime brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsratso

Reaction score
soooooo great to have it warm out again finally. FEAR MY GARDEN HOSE MENIAL CLEANING TASKS !!!!!!! :rockin:

i am the opposite. i love brewing in winter! the groundwater is too darn hot in the summertime.

soooooo great to have it warm out again finally. FEAR MY GARDEN HOSE MENIAL CLEANING TASKS !!!!!!! :rockin:

I brew year 'round, but I LOVE being able to stand there in my bare feet and use the garden hose to clean the mash tun while the boil is on, and then use the hose to clean the kettle at the end. So much easier (and more time efficient) than lugging everything down to the basement and cleaning it in the laundry sink like I do in the winter.

Which reminds me,i have to hose down the bottle tree again. i have a saison finishing up initial fermentation & my dampfbier ingredients are to arrive tomorrow. another summertime brew. :rockin::mug:

I brew year 'round, but I LOVE being able to stand there in my bare feet and use the garden hose to clean the mash tun while the boil is on, and then use the hose to clean the kettle at the end. So much easier (and more time efficient) than lugging everything down to the basement and cleaning it in the laundry sink like I do in the winter.

I'd be careful with the barefoot brewing. I've spilled boiling wort on my foot and wound up in the ER. Not a lot of fun. Since then I brew with boots on- pro brewers have certain brewing gear for a reason

I'm with you - I usually wear shoes, but take them off when I start spraying the hose in the driveway.

I brewed Memorial Day and it's already 90 here in the Deep South. We really don't have a bad winter but I did brew one day with a high of 36 and didn't like it. I know 36 is balmy to those in Minny and Michigan but that's a cold day here.

I brewed Memorial Day and it's already 90 here in the Deep South. We really don't have a bad winter but I did brew one day with a high of 36 and didn't like it. I know 36 is balmy to those in Minny and Michigan but that's a cold day here.

36 balmy? Heck, son, that's t-shirt and shorts weather!

Latest posts

Back