coopers real ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingberrysmith

Reaction score
i'm pretty new at homebrewing; i've made 4 batches so far, the first was coopers real ale, the next 3 were all partial mash. the problem is i haven't made one yet that was as good as the coopers in a can. i want to figure out how to make a clone of that beer, but i really can't figure out what's in it. and it's just called "real ale," which doesn't help. any suggestions are appreciated

Can't help you with your question as I'm just starting myself, But seems that Coopers are considered to be a low standard kit. I'm into week 2 of a Coopers real ale too, glad to here you liked yours,,Did you use white sugar? . I've been trying to find more info because the instructions seemed pretty lame. From what I've gathher so far the kit is mostly sugar, malt and might be a hit of hops in there. They say if you want to improve it don't use White sugar as instructed, my local supplier showed me a pack of someting he recomended sorry I don't remember exaclty but I believe it was malted ??

Those instructions BLOW. why u think i was asking all those dumb ?s? lol my last one was a cooper real ale, the can with the red lid... its pritty good, i only made a 3 gal batch and added no extra sugar to the wort, i just added the LME and thats it. It tastes pritty good... i like it, and i used regular white sugar to prime... but i bottled it in 2L bottles, plastic pop bottles.

makingitgood said:
i like it, and i used regular white sugar to prime... but i bottled it in 2L bottles, plastic pop bottles.

Wow, glad you paid attention to the advice from members of this forum.....

:rolleyes:

Back