Is Beer Advocate done?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They posted this on Twitter yesterday: "As we work on our new forums, please tease us with what #beer you're drinking and where. Cheers! #craftbeer"

With "new forums" it sounds like they might be installing completely new and different forum software.

I actually hit there site today and was surprised. It seems they had so many posts that they have to hire professional help. They plan on hiring two people so they can keep the site up and running.

If they can't do it there then they will do it here. The zombies are coming.

Whether true, or not, they mentioned that they had 3.5 million hits the day they crashed. They were hiring people to handle the traffic, if what they are saying is true, the "zombies" are not coming.

Scalable server upgrades and new forum software. The ***** is going to be porting over the threads because of the custom forum software they cobbled together.

News flash: delete some threads.

Scalable server upgrades and new forum software. The ***** is going to be porting over the threads because of the custom forum software they cobbled together.

News flash: delete some threads.

that's all they ever did was delete threads.

Meanwhile Untapped is taking all their potential smart phone users.. why don't they put out an app?

the guys that built their database and made their website (the users) have been asking that for years. i think their lack of putting much in the way of money into their website is what eventually brought about its demise. it's hard to drive a tank with a yugo engine in it.

:mug:

the guys that built their database and made their website (the users) have been asking that for years. i think their lack of putting much in the way of money into their website is what eventually brought about its demise. it's hard to drive a tank with a yugo engine in it.

:mug:

Yet somehow they cobbled together the time and money to come out with a print magazine...

Yet somehow they cobbled together the time and money to come out with a print magazine...

besides censor their board all day long, what else did they have to do with their time. beer is a tough job.

they used to give that print magazine away for free to boston area bars until they started distribution. did you ever get the magazine? i did the first couple years until the magazine paper and print changed to the point where it was just painful on the eyes.

there was a beer advocate-ish app at one time, but the brothers wouldn't get behind it despite efforts from the guy who wrote it to help them out with one.

Latest posts

Back