Liquor License

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pattycakes888

Reaction score
Me and a friend of mine, who happens to make wine himself, have both had great results from family and friends on our beer and wine. Needless to say, and I'm sure this comes up with alot of people, but everyone always says "You guys should sell this stuff!" Anyways, has anyone gotten their liquor license to sell alcohol at smaller venues on the weekend such as farmers markets and what not? and If so was it worth the effort or is it more costly to get the license and get your product out there than is worth the effort?

I know that my city charges $20,000 for a liquor license. Even WalMart won't get one because of the cost.

Sent from my Android using Home Brew Talk

Selling homebrew in any way is 100% illegal, no exceptions.

If you get all the licenses to become a brewery/winery then you are not selling homebrew anymore.

see how that works?

I know that my city charges $20,000 for a liquor license. Even WalMart won't get one because of the cost.

Sent from my Android using Home Brew Talk

Holy crap!!!

It is only $2K here for class A Wholesaler and $6K for class A retailer

Look up Below Grade from Bend, OR. One man basement brewery. After the regular TTB/OLCC brewpub licensing he picks up $10 /day event licenses to sell pints at a local farmer's market.

Sooooo totally not worth it hahahah I dont have $20,000 bucks to splurge on a license....I guess I'll have to get a real job :(

i looked into it for missouri and your brewery has to be inspected by the health department in my county and they will not grant it for something that is inside your home (i.e. basement) you would need a freestanding brewshed with all the bells and whistles.
i think i'll just keep giving my beer and cider away for free.

Back