Rookie Dry Hopp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgrivois

Reaction score
About to bust my dry hopp cherry with Yoopers House Pale Ale. Been in primary 2 weeks, should I transfer to secondary and add hop bag, or can I just toss it in the same primary bucket. I hate moving beer around if I dont have too.

Its a preference thing. I dry hop all in primary, because A. I dont like moving my beer, and B. I dont harvest my yeast. So if you dont care if you get hops on your yeast then i say just dump them right in the primary and let em swim

If I dont use a bag, with they fall out into the trub at the bottom. I ferment in a bottling bucket with the spigot about an inch off the bottom.

Think I may use a sanitized bag. The majority part has me skepticle. Thanks for the info.

Well I use majority, because usually I have a few particles floating on the top since I dont cold crash. I just make sure not to suck the whole thing dry. But pretty much everything in suspension falls out.

Sanitized bag works fine. I just personally dont like adding more stuff that could potentially create an infection

Latest posts

Back