What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear be echinacea, start taking it as soon as people around me start getting sick till spring and I'm generally heathy, coffee

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinacea

Yeah, the liquid is especially effective but tastes like dirty, rotten butt. I need to get some cause it really does work though.

On the coffee. Roasted up the last of my el salvadorian beans last night and it makes an amazing cup. Need to make another order soon.

Jealous. I'm home today and I have grain but I'm having a bunch of people over for a brew day next weekend. Got to ride this out, unfortunately.

Another mug of Coff. Going to cure my barrel in a bit.

Sent from the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

How ya feeling after last night?? The water help?? I have to make food for family thats coming over tonight and I have to go train in the pool for awhile. Dont think it leaves enough time to brew. Tomorrow is a free day. Haven't had a free day in LONG time.

I swear be echinacea, start taking it as soon as people around me start getting sick till spring and I'm generally heathy, coffee
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinacea

I just work in an ambulance every so often so I get exposed to everything haha. That seems to work for me. My mom swears by Echinacea and Airborne. Have used a couple times with good results.

How ya feeling after last night?? The water help?? I have to make food for family thats coming over tonight and I have to go train in the pool for awhile. Dont think it leaves enough time to brew. Tomorrow is a free day. Haven't had a free day in LONG time.

I just work in an ambulance every so often so I get exposed to everything haha. That seems to work for me. My mom swears by Echinacea and Airborne. Have used a couple times with good results.

Feel fine. I skipped lunch yesterday and had four HB DIPAs in a matter of 2 hours. Then I had another HB. I tend to drink too fast sometimes and I feel it creeping-up on me so I usually know when to stop. Problem is, if I tell myself that I feel fine and go for another beer, that's the one that will take me from feeling level-5 crappy to feeling level-10 crappy.

Having an early lunch right now before I sample a blend of my RIS and a robust porter Dave37 made. I have 4.5-gallons of the RIS and am going to need .8-gallons to top-off my barrel. So, I want to see what this tastes like using 4 parts to 1.

you just use the pills? i have had to echinacea tea... my gfs mom drinks it

I barely fought off a sore throat and nasty cold with the tea. The sick crept up on me. Usually if I feel it coming ill start binging on tea seems to help. Especially when I was working on commercial clam boats alot

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396454627.502809.jpg

Blended four ounces of my RIS with an ounce of Dave37's robust porter.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396455282.200691.jpg

Blended four ounces of my RIS with an ounce of Dave37's robust porter.

View attachment 190309

Is that a 10 gal barrel? I got a 15 coming in soon. I'm going to brew something big this week to fill it once it comes in. :rockin::ban:

Is that a 10 gal barrel? I got a 15 coming in soon. I'm going to brew something big this week to fill it once it comes in. :rockin::ban:

This is a 20L. I don't have big enough equipment to do 10-gallon batches just yet. I'll get 4-5 beers out of this one before I dump my sours into it.

This is a 20L. I don't have big enough equipment to do 10-gallon batches just yet. I'll get 4-5 beers out of this one before I dump my sours into it.

About 5gal, nice. It looks bigger than it is. I havent made a 10 gallon batch yet but going to go a 10 gal and a 5 gal batch this weekend and maybe brew a sour too. This weekend is a brew weekend. Thats the plan.

About 5gal, nice. It looks bigger than it is. I havent made a 10 gallon batch yet but going to go a 10 gal and a 5 gal batch this weekend and maybe brew a sour too. This weekend is a brew weekend. Thats the plan.

Sounds like a damn fine plan. I brew mostly 10gal batches right now and it's really no different other than lifting can be an issue if you don't have pumps. Didn't get to brew last weekend so hoping to pump out 20gal Saturday.

where did u get that barrell?

Husky Country!

Since I have short of 5-gallons of my RIS, I will certainly use Dave37's extra gallon or so of beer (Robust Porter) to top off the barrel. The sample I had today (4:1 ratio) was pretty good. I love the way my RIS tastes by itself; same for Dave's RP. But I don't want to leave space in the barrel once I rack the RIS over. And I don't want to brew another 5-gal batch of the RIS right now - got too many beers going at the moment and I'm brewing a Quad with cherries next weekend.

Had this last night after only an hour in the fridge. A bit barnyardy on the back. But not there now,pretty good...

From Oskar Blues...:mug:

Sounds like a damn fine plan. I brew mostly 10gal batches right now and it's really no different other than lifting can be an issue if you don't have pumps. Didn't get to brew last weekend so hoping to pump out 20gal Saturday.

Right now I do brew in a bag but that is worked out and should manage just fine. Got stuff for a three teir or make a single tier but need the pumps/a pump and a few more for my mash tun. Got an electric Lauter tun form a brewer friend. I'm really excited from getting a second use bourbon barrel for $40. Planning to put a quad in first, then probably a barleywine, and maybe one/two more before souring and enjoying endless supply of sour beer :D

Right now I do brew in a bag but that is worked out and should manage just fine. Got stuff for a three teir or make a single tier but need the pumps/a pump and a few more for my mash tun. Got an electric Lauter tun form a brewer friend. I'm really excited from getting a second use bourbon barrel for $40. Planning to put a quad in first, then probably a barleywine, and maybe one/two more before souring and enjoying endless supply of sour beer :D

Nice! Forgot to mention chilling is the only other issue without a pump unless you have a large immersion chiller and can recirculate ice water through it. We're getting some wine barrels on the cheap that I am excited to start filling :rockin:

Nice! Forgot to mention chilling is the only other issue without a pump unless you have a large immersion chiller and can recirculate ice water through it. We're getting some wine barrels on the cheap that I am excited to start filling :rockin:

The chilling is going to suck but i got a 50 ft coil that should cool it off fairly fast. Need to make another one to soak in ice water before going to the beer. I'll have all day so i dont mind.

Hmmmm :D
Seriously, I think I have a friend who would love it very much. i love it, but I think this non-beer drinking friend would love the ABV of it and the taste for when she feels like she would like to have an adult beverage. Maybe a drive is in order. Want to PM me details on where you may get it? :) Northern VA shouldn't be far from NC...then again, I did fail geography, twice.

PS, hope the pukers, I mean kids are better.

Drinking coffee.

Hehe.. It is only 4 hours, and we have great local micros and brew pubs.

Plus, the Smithsonian.

Pm to follow when I find time. :x

My overcarbbed Abrasive clone. The first pour was too aggressive and I lost about a third of it to getting yeast mixed in. So I did what any normal person would do. I poured another as carefully as I could and got it all in. Should be feeling good in a few minutes. :)

Real thing vs. clone. Mine wasn't quite primed yet (thought it would be), so the head and retention isn't quite there yet. But the head color is right, the color is spot on. I can tell them apart, but they're REALLY close. Mine is a touch more bitter (I made some water assumptions, and probably over did the sulfate level), where the original is a little maltier. Theirs is has a slightly stronger yeast character. So if I do this again, tone back the water, and ferment a bit warmer, and they should be spot on.

20140402_161153[1].jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396470384.468857.jpg
Great Lakes Rye Of The Tiger. Great Lakes should be ashamed of thsmselves for making all other rye ipas look so stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back