Mandarin Orange Flavoring (Austin HB)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChiN8

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Mandarin Orange Flavoring from Austin Home Brew?

I planning on Boiling 1oz of Sweet Orange Peels for 15 minutes at the end of my boil, then Racking on top of 3 oz of Orange Zest in the secondary. I've heard though that Orange unfortunately loooses it's flavor rather quickly and was wondering if the base amount of Mandarin orange Flavoring by Austin HB would help prevent lose of taste?

I'm brewing an American Orange Wheat, and was hoping for a sweet and more orange flavor then you would find in a Shock Top or Blue Moon.

I guess that would be one way of achieving that more orange flavor I've been looking for.

Have you thought about adding some corriander seeds to the last 15 mins of the boil? I did a Belgian Wit last year with Corriander that I crushed with a mortar and pestle and added it with the orange peel and it had a nice amount of Orange to the brew.

Have you also thought of adding a little bit of Cointreau liquour to the bottling bucket? That may also add a bit more of a sweet orange flavor... (Never tried that one, it just popped up).

People like the mandarin extract. I had it custom made. I am about to come up with a custom orange blossom extract.

Forrest

Back