Propane hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeRags

Reaction score
I'm going to plumb in my sculpture. I have 1" pipe in my garage from the tank outside... I'm also going to hard plumb my sculpture, but I need rubber hose from the hard line to the burners. I purchased one of the 32 jet burners, and intend on using it to heat my strike water in the MT, then move the burner over to the boil kettle.

So, I need hose from the house line to the sculpture, and from the sculpture hard plumbing to the burners.

What type of hose should I use? Can I use the multipurpose EPDM hose from McMaster? I can get it with the fittings attached already.

Thanks

This is litigation avoidance...the lack of reply I mean. No one wants to suggest something that might kill you. Your wife will find the post and take my house from me. Seriously though, unless you're going to leave it pressured 24/7, almost any kind of hose will work. I know they sell some nice compressor hose at Lowes in 1/4" and 3/8" and it's pretty tough stuff.

Quite understandable... and no, it will only be pressurized while brewing.

I'll probably go with the stuff I found through McMaster... I need bigger than that to feed the 32 jet burner.

Thanks for the input...

Back