Simple no sparge calculator online?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoreman

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a simple no sparge calculator online?

If you're doing a no sparge you just need your total pre boil volume plus grain absorption amount..

Stauffbier said:
If you're doing a no sparge you just need your total pre boil volume plus grain absorption amount..

Thanks - do you know of a calculator for that? It's surprising that brew software doesn't have it as option

Alright I'll do pen and paper math geez you guys are so old school ;)

EDIT: Math is too hard.

Also, OP, please stop sending pics of yourself in the bathroom mirror. I don't care what your lifestyle choice is, but I'm not interested. Thanks.

Thanks - do you know of a calculator for that? It's surprising that brew software doesn't have it as option

Alright I'll do pen and paper math geez you guys are so old school ;)

No offense, but the math on this is so easy it would take longer to enter all of the data into a calculator than it would to just do it yourself...
And, I'm very proud of my "old school ways"! :D

Stauffbier said:
No offense, but the math on this is so easy it would take longer to enter all of the data into a calculator than it would to just do it yourself...
And, I'm very proud of my "old school ways"! :D

I realize that I was being sarcastic man - lighten up a little.

I posted on here specifically looking for a calculator and everyone has to put in there two sense about how to do this, how to that...

....all I was looking for was a simple calculator - that's the lame side to forums - everyone's got an opinion and has to boast it.

I posted on here specifically looking for a calculator and everyone has to put in there two sense about how to do this, how to that...

....all I was looking for was a simple calculator - that's the lame side to forums - everyone's got an opinion and has to boast it.

Perhaps the lame side to forums is that one can't always tell when someone is being sarcastic or boastful, and when a post is made looking for help, naturally you are going to get varied opinions and suggestions. This post was not intended to be boastful, my apologies if that is how it came off.:mug:

shoreman said:

Thats what we get for trying to help you? Thats another lame side of forums, when people ask for help, get good advice, and bash people for it. Its not our fault you cant do simple math in your head in 5 secconds. Have fun with your calculator.

Well thanks to everyone that posted - ill be sure to be clear next time I post exactly what I'm looking for when asking for help - I don't know how else to do it on this post - a calculator is pretty solid.....

.....but I'll try harder next time :)

So to close this thread and you need a no sparge calculator, here it is:

http://www.brew365.com/mash_sparge_water_calculator.php

Thanks everyone

I am going to be doing my first 1 gallon BIAB and I am trying to decide between a dunk sparge and a no sparge.

My recipe is a 5.5 gallon batch size golden ale:
1 lbs, 8oz 2 row
1 lb, 8 oz Cara 20
.25 oz Galaxy hops 60 min boil
.50 oz Citra 15 min
.50 oz citra 5 min
US-05

This is my first brew so I am not sure how to compensate for no sparge. I know you need to account for more grist due to efficiency loss from not sparging, but after converting the 5.5 gallon batch numbers down to a 1 gallon batch I am not sure what my full volume pre-boil is, and what my no-sparge grain measurements are.

Latest posts

Back