2001 explained

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read the book. It explains it rather well. I thought it was a crappy movie until I read it a few year back. Still a crappy movie because you can't figure out what's going on unless you read the story, but its a great story.

Sorrry didn't sit through the whole web thing. Was it a joke or did it just explain it? From what I saw it was just explaining it (gave it the college try :mug: )

I liked 2001 : A Space Odyssey . I believe the movie is open to one's own interpretation. That's what makes it a good movie. Instead of being told what happened, you make your own decision about the movie. There's really no complete explanation for the end of the movie and the monolith. Obviously the monolith is some form of intillegence. If you notice, it seems to appear when the intelligence of the race increases (The apes discovering it, then later using the first tool. Humans find it, then the artifical intelligence gains conciousness.) Anyways, peace

Also, 2001 was based on a short story by Clarke; his book by the same title came after the movie.

Buford said:
Also, 2001 was based on a short story by Clarke; his book by the same title came after the movie.

Right, the short story, several years B4 the movie really goes into detail about the monolith. The name escapes me, but it was one hell of a good short story.

Back