BrewZilla Control for Gen3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbezza

Reaction score
Stumbled across this Github repo which allows wireless control of the gen 3 BrewZillas utilising an arduino and raspberry pi. Has beerxml and PID support.
https://github.com/BetterRobotics/BrewZilla
Connecting it to a 35L or 65L BrewZilla looks to be straight forward but will render the LCD useless - the rest of the electronics are however utilised.

I haven't seen any install photos or gui screenshots.

Tried compiling this a couple of times. Had to flash the arduino nano manually. Attempting to get the python code/gui running.

Still have no idea what the gui looks like.

I just took the control board out of mine and fitted a SMARTPid. Has digital display, logging and integration with brewfather. Display and control across WiFi to phone or PC. Can also pid control HLT at same time. I just use the second sensor on that channel to monitor mash temp direct with the sensor and thermowell or via wortometer.

I have a spare Pi Zero 2w and arduino already so am hoping to make good use of them.
This project supports the brewzilla NTC temp sensor. In the end, there is no need to modify anything so it can be reverted when done.

The SmartPID is a little bit pricey but looks like a great product.

I don't mind using the step options on the brewzilla but it is annoying have to change them to suit each recipe especially for step mashes.

Not to concerned about brewfather integration during mash/boil. I do have an iSpindel which gives me good feedback during fermentation via Brewfather.

Latest posts

Back