Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't an argument so much as an observation. In the end, neither team has won a playoff game in the past two years. I'd argue the Pats got beat (yes, Dataz, beaten pretty thoroughly) by a better team than the squad that the Packers lost to - but it's irrelevant as 0-1 = 0-1.

Still, as much as I like Aaron Rodgers and think he's already one of the league's elite QBs.... he ain't proven **** when it really counts. Beating Favre and the Vikings a couple weeks ago was a nice start, but he and the Pack still need to win a couple games in January.

Beating Favre and the Vikings a couple weeks ago was a nice start, but he and the Pack still need to win a couple games in January.

rodgers needs to step up big-time.

and mccarthy should him and his receivers, oh i donno, maybe PRACTICE this week so the ghost passes stop. inexcusable.

C'mon home, Randy! You know we still love you, too.

So, will the Vikings end up paying the bulk of Moss' 2010 salary, plus give up a third round pick, for three games of Moss' service?

Wonder if the Jets might put in a waiver claim, just to try and keep him out of New England.

How difficult is it to image Moss basically telling every team, " don't you dare pick me up off of waivers since I want to be a free agent. If you do, I'll just be a huge cancer in you're locker room." and then tomorrow, when he clears waivers he signs some dink contract with the Pats since the Vikes are already paying the rest of his salary for this year?

Then Belichick can flip off that jackass Childress and say, "Hey Brad, steal this signal. And by the way, thanks for the third round pick and paying the rest of Randy's salary for us for this year. Oh, and lemme know what division 3 college you end up coaching next year."

I'm reading about all of these other teams - the Redskins, the Rams, all of these other teams - that might want to put in a waiver claim for Randy Moss.

Why would they? Isn't it pretty abundantly clear that he only has eyes for one franchise? If Buffalo or St. Louis or Washington or Oakland or whoever claimed him, he's just going to sulk for the rest of the season?

I'd be shocked if Rex Ryan doesn't put in a claim. JETS don't really *need* Moss, but it's worth their while to stockpile as many weapons as they can and make sure Moss-to-NE doesn't happen. Otherwise, I just have a hard time seeing how he's going to do anything other than mope and sulk his way through the rest of the season, and it'll be a complete was of $$ for any other team that claims him.

I've heard the stories about Childress gloating about getting one over the Pats by selecting Percy Harvin one selection ahead of NE... how's he feel about giving up a third round pick for four mediocre Moss performances? ESPECIALLY if and when Randy ends up back in New England.

I really, really hope you meant "Brent" in this sense.

never-forget-you-brent.jpg

That is EXACTLY the Brent I was referrring to. :)

Doesn't matter right now. Just get an interim coach in there. At the end of the season, interview Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher. Remember, Gruden did pretty well working with Al Davis in Oakland. Cowher's success came with a very good ownership group in Pitt that lets the football people do their thing. Gruden might be a better fit working alongside Jerry Jones (assuming Jones is going to keep acting as GM).

I'm reading about all of these other teams - the Redskins, the Rams, all of these other teams - that might want to put in a waiver claim for Randy Moss.

Why would they? Isn't it pretty abundantly clear that he only has eyes for one franchise? If Buffalo or St. Louis or Washington or Oakland or whoever claimed him, he's just going to sulk for the rest of the season?

I'd be shocked if Rex Ryan doesn't put in a claim. JETS don't really *need* Moss, but it's worth their while to stockpile as many weapons as they can and make sure Moss-to-NE doesn't happen. Otherwise, I just have a hard time seeing how he's going to do anything other than mope and sulk his way through the rest of the season, and it'll be a complete was of $$ for any other team that claims him.

This is exactly what I think. I hope the Bears pick him up... Mwaahahahaahahaaa

Phillips is going to stay for the rest of the year. There is no reason whatsoever to fire him mid-season. The only reason you would ever do that is if you think your interim coach would be in the running to keep the job. I also don't see cower wanting that job.

Doesn't matter right now. Just get an interim coach in there. At the end of the season, interview Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher. Remember, Gruden did pretty well working with Al Davis in Oakland. Cowher's success came with a very good ownership group in Pitt that lets the football people do their thing. Gruden might be a better fit working alongside Jerry Jones (assuming Jones is going to keep acting as GM).
If they did get Chucky then would there be a conflict between Gruden and Garrett (assuming they keep Garrett)? I would think Gruden would want the offense run his way.

Jerry wants a yes man. Wade is just that. I don't see him going anywhere soon.
But when the 'yes' amounts to 'yes, we will consistently under-perform and get worse each year' then at some point JJ has to take action. Too many 'good cops', they need a 'bad cop' in the mix somewhere (a la Parcells).

Let's keep something in mind.

Cleveland is 2-5. They beat Cinci (another 2-5 team) and upset the Saints, due to a pair of pick-6's. Your best receivers are who, Ben Watson (think New England misses him?) and David Bowens, the defensive lineman. Colt McCoy going to be starting? Nothing like throwing a rookie in his third game up against a BB defense (that continues to improve, BTW).

Give me one reason why the Browns have any chance of beating either New England OR the J-E-T-S. Just one. They score the second-fewest points per game in the league, and have the fifth-fewest yards per game. Defense is a little better than the offense, but is below-average pretty much any way you want to measure it.

Cleveland sucks. LeBron knew it, as does everyone else.

Yep, Cleveland has sucked at football since before Modell packed them up and moved them to Baltimore. I got it.

What I'm seeing this year is a team who has been in every game going into the 4th quarter. They may not have earned the "W", but they're A LOT better than year's past and improving each week. The shoot yourself in the foot penalties where it's 3rd and 2 or 3 and the O line moves to make it 3rd and 7 or 8 occur less and less.

The Pittsburgh game was closer than the score indicates. The Baltimore game was close. So at least we're competitive against quality opponents.

Hillis is a pretty good back, and if/when the receiver core gets it figured out, and the team isn't so one dimensional, he'll even better

D's are much improved and get better each week. They're going to struggle against Brady and crew's passing game. true story.

Really, though, what makes me think the Browns can beat the Pats or the Jets? I'm a fan. period. I root for the Browns regardless of how bad they are.

This year, more than any other in the past decade +, Sunday doesn't consist of get up, go to Church, come home, have a beer and get ready for 3 hours of c*ck punches. They're lousy, but much improved and teams better not take them lightly. Not the Pats not the Jets. Any given Sunday.

Yep, Cleveland has sucked at football since before Modell packed them up and moved them to Baltimore. I got it.

What I'm seeing this year is a team who has been in every game going into the 4th quarter. They may not have earned the "W", but they're A LOT better than year's past and improving each week. The shoot yourself in the foot penalties where it's 3rd and 2 or 3 and the O line moves to make it 3rd and 7 or 8 occur less and less.

The Pittsburgh game was closer than the score indicates. The Baltimore game was close. So at least we're competitive against quality opponents.

Hillis is a pretty good back, and if/when the receiver core gets it figured out, and the team isn't so one dimensional, he'll even better

D's are much improved and get better each week. They're going to struggle against Brady and crew's passing game. true story.

Really, though, what makes me think the Browns can beat the Pats or the Jets? I'm a fan. period. I root for the Browns regardless of how bad they are.

This year, more than any other in the past decade +, Sunday doesn't consist of get up, go to Church, come home, have a beer and get ready for 3 hours of c*ck punches. They're lousy, but much improved and teams better not take them lightly. Not the Pats not the Jets. Any given Sunday.

Wait, are you talking about Cleveland, or Detroit?? I know you TYPED Browns, but your post sounds way too close to what the Lions are like this year, I just had to ask.

Wait, are you talking about Cleveland, or Detroit?? I know you TYPED Browns, but your post sounds way too close to what the Lions are like this year, I just had to ask.

That's funny, Homer.

Since the Browns had a bye last week, I got to see Suh play for the 1st time this year. He's gonna be one hellofa player.

I like him. He reminds me of Chris Spielman in his intensity. I think the one thing that the Lions can do to improve is to stop with the stupid, ill-timed penalties.

I have a free Sunday afternoon coming up, and of course teach a friend to homebrew day is this Saturday, so I will try to brew up an IPA of some sort. I feel it is going to be a waste of my time, but then again I like IPAs too, so even if I don't end up giving any away, it will be nice to have some on hand.

Are the Seattle Seahawks the worst team leading a Division, after 7 games, in the history of the NFL?

I think so...

Depends on which Seahawks team you're talking about. The road team or the home team. I swear... watch this weekend. They'll give the giants a hard time in Qwest.

I dunno about the Seahawks being the worst team leading a division but I gotta pretty good idea who the BEST team leading a division is...

Anyone wanna guess?

Anyone?

Don't get too conceited, though. Wife and I were watching EPSN last night, they were talking about the Cowboys' issues. "Wade Phillips is still coaching them? No wonder they suck."

Depends on which Seahawks team you're talking about. The road team or the home team. I swear... watch this weekend. They'll give the giants a hard time in Qwest.

I promise I will watch...I will be there. Rough weekend ahead... I have to go watch the #1 Oregon Ducks in Eugene on Saturday and then make a trip up to Qwest to watch the Seahawks on Sunday. Matt Hasselbeck may die in this game.

It's been a bitter pill to swallow this year! The Cowboys have so much talent, but it's all been wasted. You need someone who can harness that, and motivate and discipline the players.

Hopefully Jones will do what's right and make wholesale changes and bring a top-notch head coach in there. There's not much anyone can do about the season at this point, so we may not see a big move until it's over.

<slinks off to go pout in the corner>

Whatever. I still think on any particular Sunday, the Cowboys are dangerous. I just hope they keep up their stinking ways for at least one more week...

I always fear the Cowboys games. That is probably just because of the 90's though.

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

only 3 hours and 15 minutes until Moss is back in a Pats uni while being paid by the Vikings and the Pats holding a Vikes third round pick.

tick

tick

tick

Thing is, are we 100% convinced they WANT Randy back?

The one team I was worried about was the JETS. Sounds like they are not putting in a waiver claim, thought they might both to give ANOTHER weapon to their wideout corps and to keep him out of New England. Wouldn't be the end of the world if a team like St. Louis made a claim.

I would take him back with open arms... How freakin' easy would it be for Belichick to look Moss in the eyes and basically say, "You effin SNEEZE the wrong way and you're outta here"... and how many other coaches OTHER than Belichick could say that to Moss and Moss would actually listen?

Latest posts

Back