Glasses for beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My german buddy tells me "das boot" means "the boat" like the movie of same name.

Those taller glasses are more fun to watch then use. When you get to the bottom the beer gets a hell of a run at your face. I don't particularly like beer my nose, or up my anything for that matter.

The Boat was a great movie...even better book....but....when the referee in BeerFest screams "Das Boot"...a wonderful joy filled my soul......

You can get those shaker shaped pint glasses in the UK a lot, over there they'd tend to be bitter or I personally always considered them cider glasses, I like them a lot for the real ales in UK.
The other pint with the lugs is known over here as a nonic, they stack well behind bars. Then you have the typical guinness tulip
guinness.jpg

I loved the different glasses for every beer in Germany but it made it a pain working in them because you had so many to look after, but flavour wise it made a difference, it just took me a while to realise that.

The rules for pouring German pils, it's a two stage pour normally, the first one is 7 degrees celcius, the second one is that the first stage should take 7 minutes for the beer to clear and the head to set, before you fill her up and pass her over.
7 minuten, 7 grad.
People will actually request a slow pils or a 7 minute pils.

The Boat was a great movie...even better book....but....when the referee in BeerFest screams "Das Boot"...a wonderful joy filled my soul......

Great movie, gotta get that one out and watch it again. I only know enough german to sound like an idiot to a german, or just an idiot in general. In that movie I get the impression they are speaking "mock" german like the swedish chef on the muppet show. Dating myself on that one a bit.

The pint glass that Revvy had a pic of is what I have on the shelf. I like it because it is stackable, sturdy and presents the beer well. I don't want anything on it. I don't do free advertising. If I wanted to etch some glasses with my logo on it, that is one thing. I also have some 22 oz. glasses that are quite tall. Again the danger of the sinus beer ******. Oofdah.

Those cupboards only hold so much. I have to make room for some of the bulbous belgian jobbies though. SWMBO would really enjoy breaking those.

Back