AHA Card

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fizzy

Reaction score
I joined AHA late July. My main reason was to get a membership card good for 10% discount at my favorite restaurant/tap house. However, after lots of patience and several emails back and forth to AHA, still no membership card. It keeps getting "lost in the mail". Anyone else experience receiving a card from AHA?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've been a member for over 6 years. I recently renewed my membership well over a month ago and also purchased a gift card subscription for a friend. The gift card showed up immediately, but have yet to see my new membership card. Last week I emailed them about this and they said I should be receiving it shortly. I'll let you know if I get mine.

Well I still haven't received my card or Zymurgy magazine since renewing. I've been in contact with the AHA a few times about this and they have given me the same "must be lost in the mail" too... Nothing like paying $38 and not getting anything. I guess the AHA is too big now...

Well I still haven't received my card or Zymurgy magazine since renewing. I've been in contact with the AHA a few times about this and they have given me the same "must be lost in the mail" too... Nothing like paying $38 and not getting anything. I guess the AHA is too big now...

I hope they didn't skip sending you a Zymurgy.

I would hate to miss a hard copy of Zymurgy. The web version is a slap in the face, and only available as long as you pay the piper, indefinitely.

Society is fast moving to eternal subscription. And associated recurring monthly or yearly fees. The "system" doesn't want anyone to own anything.

Finally received my AHA card in the mail today.

Wow, what took them so long? I'm willing to bet they wait until they can place an order to have 2500+ cards printed. Fulfillment at its worst.

I guess I better hurry, mine is to expire in June...

It looks like I have the latest issue (Nov/Dec 2014)... The card is kind of useless as a lot of places don't want to deal with it, but the magazine is worth it.

It looks like I have the latest issue (Nov/Dec 2014)... The card is kind of useless as a lot of places don't want to deal with it, but the magazine is worth it.

Yup, that's the latest issue. I know what you mean with uselessness of that card. Everytime I try to "use it" I also get looks.

My LHBS gives 10% off to veterans and military, which I'm not, so I just asked the owner "how about the AHA?" He was a bit reluctant at the idea, but gives me now the same discount. Pays for the gas.

You can attend AHA rallies, which is among the weirdest set-ups I've come across. It looked to me people had to pay for a membership before they could attend the rally to check it out. Did I get that wrong?

Yup, that's the latest issue. I know what you mean with uselessness of that card. Everytime I try to "use it" I also get looks.

My LHBS gives 10% off to veterans and military, which I'm not, so I just asked the owner "how about the AHA?" He was a bit reluctant at the idea, but gives me now the same discount. Pays for the gas.

You can attend AHA rallies, which is among the weirdest set-ups I've come across. It looked to me people had to pay for a membership before they could attend the rally to check it out. Did I get that wrong?

Good to know I haven't missed an issue at least....
The card looks official in my wallet... Right next to my VFW and FOID (Firearm Owners Identification Card)...

Back