Beer Line cutter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftcontact

Reaction score
Looking at setting up a kegging system... the line cutters at Brewmasters Warehouse look like cigar cutters. I quit smoking cigars a while back but still have a cutter or 2 around; any reason not to use those instead of dropping $15?

I use a single-edge razor blade. You can get a 100-pack at Home Cheapo or Blowes for $5 or $6 and keep them in your toolbox. I find them real handy for all kinds of jobs around the house and shop. And at 5 cents each...

Unless you're going in the beer line cutting business, that $15 gizmo will end up costing you a couple dollars for each cut!

"Beer line cutter"? Seriously? I just use whatever is in reach: sharp knife, wire cutters, tin snips, whatever...

Cheers!

I use one of those ratcheting PVC cutters, works great! Also cuts LMR-400 coax (1/2" thick stuff with solid center cond) quite easily.

Kosch

I just use a kitchen knife. Or a box cutter. Or whatever I have laying around. You cut tubing like twice in your brewing lifetime, unless you're crazy like me and decide to lengthen the lines more than once or twice. :drunk:

You cut tubing like twice in your brewing lifetime, unless you're crazy like me and decide to lengthen the lines more than once or twice. :drunk:

Or when you decide that ALL the CO2 lines NEED to be opaque red, because the original clear tubing [and then after that, clear red] isn't at all the look you wanted. :mug:

This;

bosco

W100.jpg

I just use a kitchen knife. Or a box cutter. Or whatever I have laying around. You cut tubing like twice in your brewing lifetime, unless you're crazy like me and decide to lengthen the lines more than once or twice. :drunk:

Hey Yoop! If you can lengthen lines with a cutter, you have a very LARGE fortune to make in the electrical industry :rockin:

Back