Brew Stand Corners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twanger1994

Reaction score
Ok decided to use 1.5" 16 gauge square tube to construct my brew frame. There are three pieces that ill be building, one center sections that will also double as storage when the brewery is not in use. The other two will be the burners stands.

Ill start with the burner stands. They are 17"L x 17"W x 12"H. Simple design, 4-17" pieces mitered to form a square and a leg under each miter, to achieve my desired height. I think the square top with the short legs directly under each corner will be plenty strong. Once the brackets that hold the burners are welded in I should have no stability issues either.

Next the larger center section. This piece measures 40"L x40"W 20"D. The two burner sections with the converted kegs will be stored inside this piece. When in use the center section will hold the MT and various misc. pieces used during the brew process. :mug: (And lets not forget room for the full cold ones to drink during brew time.) :mug:
I am unsure how to construct this section. Should I miter the top and bottom sections and use four legs in between? Or is it stronger to build a front and back square and connect them with the shorter pieces depth wise...

Thanks for any info you guys can shed on this.... The link below is a rough drawing of my plan. Some measurements have changed since I created this
Brew stand drawing

Back