Need a brew fix - What to make with all this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasszy

Reaction score
I want to brew in the next hour. I have the following but am having a hard time putting together a recipe... How about some ideas.

I have the following:

Wheat malt 5lb
Crystal 40. 1.5lb
Belgian caramel Vienna 2.5lb
Crystal 120 .75lb
Brauberg 150. 1lb
Carapils 3.25lb
Honey malt 1lb
German caramunich .25lb
60 crystal .75lb
Brown malt .5lb
German caramunich 45l 1lb
Vienna malt 2lb
Pale ale 1lb
Chocolate .75lb
rice hulls 2lb

Yeast, I have most common yeasts from belgian to american to english styles.

HOPS - A little bit of everything from Noble to American hops!

I have most of the belgian related spices.

Help me put together something yummy to make and drink in the next few weeks.

No lagers, as my lager fridge isnt setup yet!

Thanks

5lb wheat malt
2lb vienna
1lb pale ale
Belgian yeast
Don't know what type of noble hops you have but I would drink that
I might add a favorite spice as well

Thanks, but I have two cornies of wheat and belgian ales, and a third that going to a party this weekend, so how about something, anything, other than a belgian or wheat!

Id make a hybrid Hefe!!

5 lbs Wheat
2 lbs Vienna
1 lb Pale malt
.5 lb Crystal 40L
.5 lb honey malt

Use some light-moderate hopping

and how about a belgian wit yeast, or try an Am Ale yeast??

OR......

Add some chocolate and the 60 crystal and darken it up and add some roast flavor to make it really different!

I've done it before and made a heck of a good beer.....and also a not so great beer;)

Sorry I don't have any good suggestions, but how did you end up with all those specialty grains and only a pound of pale and 2 pounds of Vienna?

Your limited amount of base malts means that you will HAVE to make a wheat beer. The belgian stlyes are so wide open that you could easily make something called Belgian with what you have. I'd use all of the wheat, vienna, pale, like .5lb. caravienne and cara-munich. Mash a little higher to retain some body. A little coriander and/or some mace if you have it for spice. I like Wyeast Abbey II but any belgian strain with these ingrediants and light hopping with Styrian Golging or Fuggle would make a tasty Enkel(Belgian Singel)

Back